Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was locked up with 2 rods out when I got it. I did toy with the idea of adding a rear end and installing a V8 and transmission. A more conventional arrangement, but didn't know what drive train to use. Also had reservations about the ECM. Thought about 2 ECMs. One with the V8 and the origional to run everything else.

Well, pulled the engine out and found it to be repairable with 2 sleeves, rods and pistons. So, here I am, chirping my front tires!

·
Registered
206 Posts
What's the viability of converting a FWD to a RWD? What about getting RWD GTO parts- will those work on a FWD tranny? NA owners would be a lot more willing to 'crank it up' performance wise if we could make sure that the wheels aren't going to spin for 5 seconds when we drop mega amounts of horsepower to the wheels! Get the RWD and a limited slip differential and you'll have a new beast on the street. Most importantly, not having to deal with this Getrag sh!t! NA mods would start flooding the pages I think if we could make the car handle and use the mods. (ie. not burning half a tire trying to launch!) Comments?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.