Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my rear rotors off to turn them but i cant get them off how do i do this HELP BTW 94 rt n\a

·
Official Gathering Ghost
1,848 Posts
hey, my rotors just basically "pop" in and out, I did it a while ago, it's not that hard, I forget, but just look around there might be a couple of bolts you have to take off....but I know you need to take the caliper off before youtake the rotor off.....

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If it is rusted on you can get some bolts to screw in and push the rotor off. I think it was 8 by 1.25 but dont quote me. You can find them at the atuo parts store.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I believe that if you just remove the wheel and caliper the rotor should just slide right off. It does on my car anyway.. I was thinking that it would be bolted down or something but apparently the pressure from the wheel resting on it holds it in place.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I also noticed in your sig that you have 99 style turn signals. How does that work? Do you have any pics? You must have to modify the bumper or something right?

·
Registered
509 Posts
make sure that you don't have the e-brake on when you try because it will not come off. If it is not rusted on and the ebrake is off it should come right off when you yank on it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This is gonna be a dumb question, but it the parking brake on? I made this mistake too. Because of the mini-drus inside of the rotors, if the e-brake is on, the rotor will never come off.

If it's not, i had to spray some WD-40 on there and let that sit in. then hit it with a mallet to get it loose.

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jdawg82 said:
I also noticed in your sig that you have 99 style turn signals. How does that work? Do you have any pics? You must have to modify the bumper or something right?
They are a direct bolt on i will have some pics later this week but they do overlap a little but you cant tell except from 3 feet away

TO everyone else the little fucks didnt come off and the parking break wasnt on i tried wd40 and the mallet method but i finally decided that i will turn them later

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
the best way for stubborn rotors is to spray them with wd40 and pry them off with a large pry bar against something in the rear. Be careful when you are prying to make sure that you put a colth on the rotor to avoid marring them. I shouldn't be too hard of a job. They are just a tight fit.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
I'm not sure if it was on the front rotors only or the front and the rear, but there should be two screw holes in the rotor with basically a flat piece of metal right behind it. You want to dig around in your engine bay and find a bolt that will go into those holes - I think one of the radiator support bolts will fit. Anyways, put it in one and screw it by hand, then give it a quarter turn with a socket - do the same in the other hole. Keep alternating with a quarter turn each time - eventually the rotor will pop off.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
THe two easiest ways to do it are to get a pry bar and work around the seized rotor to help work it off or to get a large enough gear puller and pop that bitch off. It can be a PITA if they are really seized up, but near let em see ya sweat, they will come off with a little work ;)

Good luck,

Ty
Speed Factor

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Yeah, don't forget about some liquid wrench for the bolts on the back of the calipers either.

·
LessThanSane
752 Posts
I had to use a hammer and beat the fizuck out of them. pb-blast and wd-40 did me no good. I have the tool from mitsu that's supposed to take them off (long screw thing), but it just stripped the threads. I was replacing them though....the hammer messes em up pretty bad :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.