Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear sensor. Car has 39k on it, hit it for 48 hours with pb blaster. Got everything off the car, have a sensor socket. Used a 16 inch breaker bar and managed to just about start stripping the sensor. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1991 VR4
798 Posts
Try an impact, and/or have someone else push the socket onto the sensor while you are tryingt to break it loose so the socket doesnt slip off. If the wire is the problem, cut the wire off the sensor first so you dont have a slipping socket.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try putting a 7/8 or 22 wrench on it. Sneak it behind the shield. Hopefully the o2 lines up with the wrench and loosen the throttle cable.

I had similar issues until I saw that there was just barely enough room for a wrench and that popped it off super easily after pb blaster. I've never had any luck with the o2 socket, it always opens and slips.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, cut the wires. Only way to get impact in there is removing the master cylinder in as from end of socket to the cylinder is 2.5 inches. Can't even get a universal in there for the impact gun.. At this point once the sensor socket slipped a few times, it rounded off the flat surfaces, thus the project is now a "someday if the manifold needs to be taken off."

Once the wire was eliminated, switched to my impact sockets, 16 point. Same results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts