Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I make that trunk cover stay put? It'd be nice for it to be still removeable.....yet still be funcitonal to hide my bounty in the trunk!

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
Does it just keep popping out of the holder? If I remember right, there is a metal clasp where you put each end, and I thonk those are supposed to hold it in places. You might be able to just bend them towards holding the cover in place better. If that doesn't work, you might be able to try the adhesive velcro. Keep it on the bottom of it and you won't even be able to see it.

Jason

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh the metal clips...just bent them close together.....now I can cloak the contents of my trunk ..... wooohooo

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looked at the TSBs....there is a replacement clip

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go ahead and get the replacement clips - the dealer probably has them in stock. Mine used to drive me crazy trying to get the thing to stay in, and it was close to being dangerous flying out and either hitting the hatch window or me.

I got two sets for something like $5 (ridiculously high for something like that) and take maybe a minute to install. They are reconfigured with an additional holddown made in. I used to bend mine together and they would work for a while, but always spread apart again in a day or two.

I haven't had a single problem since I replaced them.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ditto, on the velcro. I used black velcro and stuck it beside the clips and around the cover. I haven't had a bit of trouble since. The velcro ran me about $.50 at WalMart.

Dave Best

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4.08 for the new clips....

the new clips also kill that "rattling" noise thatya hear sometime

get to pick them up tomorrow....

what's phearsome is that they wouldn't order the clips for me w/o prepayment....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fooled around with that thing also. And then I realized it weighed like 20 lbs or something, so I decided to just leave it in the garage until I actually need it since my car is heavy enuff.

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts