Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need your help

I have a base 97 3kgt and was wondering if there was a mod to make my hatchback lock powered so that I could install a remote control trunk release. Do the VR4's come with a power hatch, if so then i assume that mine could be converted. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Lazy bastard. I guess you could take a switch off of a car that has one and convert it.

-Jeff

·
Currently Boost-less
480 Posts
I wish my VR-4 had a powered hatch release, but....

AFAIK also, a power hatch release was never an option. I believe you can buy univeral hatch release mechanisms at shops that deal in auto security.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
When you get an alarm system, or if you already have one, there is usually a powered truck release. A local install shop, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc, should know how to install it. I think the pull lever costs more to install than the push button, but I know they can install it.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
what next 3kgtadmirer, you'll be wondering if theres mods for the car doors to open automatically.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys, im about to get a keyless entry, remote starter, etc for my 94 3000gt SL. One of the features i was interested in was remote hatch release, and my trunk is not a power hatch i dont believe, it just has the lever the release it from the inside.

Is there a kit i can get somewhere online that will make my hatch power? If so, how difficult is it to install? I'm basically just looking for the parts, so wherever i can get them that you guys would know?

Is it something i can pick up from a dealership? (although i think the one in my area just went bankrupt :-/ )

someone said that when you get the alarm system it comes with the power trunk release, but i dont think it is the case with the model i am getting, something like "AutoStart 1105" if i remember correctly.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
You could probably hook up a servo (like the ones used on power door locks) to the manual cable release and then connect those leads to an alarm relay...Should be room behind the rear garnish for that stuff to fit...Shouldn't be all that hard to rig up either...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts