Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://player.vimeo.com/video/382596957 (VIDEO of broken diff)

97 VR4 here. My rear differential suddenly started making this vibrating noise and metal on metal clunking sound after driving on the HWY and wont go away. Now:

Who has a good LSD diff for sale ?
include price$

17,261 Posts
We have many good cores in stock we can build for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
?Mark
16,572 Posts
so the stock rear diff or specially built with an aftermarket LSD? Because I havent encountered to many after market diffs as the stock one is so strong. But if anybody can built it right to your specs, it is Chris above^^^^^^^

·
?Mark
16,572 Posts
how far are you from fl ? idk what they go for, $250ish??
they are going for $500 as DSM crowd likes them , and if u want it built then its a little more I am sure

17,261 Posts
they are going for $500 as DSM crowd likes them , and if u want it built then its a little more I am sure
Thanks Mark, yes the DSM and EVO guys have created a demand for the 6 speed diffs, $500 is pretty typical. I rarely see used ones come by here that I would use, all have excessive backlash.

We do offer a very reasonable rebuild service that includes free return shipping to the lower 48:

We currently have 3 6 speed diff cores priced at $400 for the core.

17,261 Posts
Oh to the OP, I am not sure we can rebuild the unit you have with the pinion play, but we can try, it just depends on how long its been run like that. The bearings all get replaced if worn anyway, but the movement may have allowed the gears to wear badly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys but if I can find one near FL for the $500, i will buy instantly and go pick up. mine says B4G, can i pick up a 92 vr4 B4G differential for my 6 speed system ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts