Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1991 Dodge Stealth TT AWD 240,000 miles approx. Everything has been replaced in the past and kept up to date, more or less.

I don't have any steering issues per say, no pulling, no drifting, no uneven tire wear and its a daily driver.

I'm not sure why I didn't notice it in the past but noticed the other day my rear wheels are off center about 1/2" or a little more from the left to right.

What would cause this? No major accidents, nothing loose or making noise. Could this be from them setting the adjustable camber/toe off? I dont see anything by looking underneath that looks obvious. I do have the 3SX upper adjustable control arms.

No its not just the angle Im looking at it, Ive looked at it over 100x the last couple of weeks. Its hard to get a picture lined up perfectly from side to side but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
BC3S
'95 RT/TT
768 Posts
why not take it to an alignment shop and have it checked out properly?
would be funny if both your rear track and front track are off center the same making the car drive normal.

·
Lovbyts
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why not take it to an alignment shop and have it checked out properly?
would be funny if both your rear track and front track are off center the same making the car drive normal.
Yes I plan on taking it to a shop. I actually have a lifetime alignment I got for it 20+ years ago. Only problem is I always have to have to do it at least 2x because even though I tell them and tape a copy of the TSB to the steering wheel they dont usually follow the instructions.

Last time I even had the mechanic tell me he ignored the TSB because it is for a Mitsubishi 3000gt and not a Dodge Stealth. 🤬
Yeah I took it to a different shop, same chain.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A long shot. But I have seen rims that "believe it or not" were not the same width rim to rim even though size and offsets were all matching number wise. One of the rims actually had a few millimeters more/less of offset then the rest which resulted in more poke then the rest. That rim ended up being taken to machine shop and shaved down to match the other. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts