Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is at an alignment shop that was supposed to be able to get my rear camber into spec using camber bolts etc.., but now they say none they have or can get are working. So they said they could bend the control arm until it gets into spec. I don't think there's anything wrong with this, but I'm open to suggestions.

teck

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
well, I have heard of people cuting their control arm. I have -2degrees camber in the rear. Its been like this since '99 and I have NO uneven tire wear. Just make sure your toes are straight.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
matt92vr4

Yeah, I've heard of people cutting the rear control arms too. I decided not to bend the rear control arms. I didn't want to do something I'm not familiar with. The front is up to spec and the car's rear tow is cool, but the rear camber is still off by about -1 degree. I know some cars come factory with a tow and or camber to perform better, but since our cars are all wheel drive and steering, it really isn't necessary. I know you said you have not had any additional wear, but knowing my luck I would. 18" tires get expensive real quick. There are a few other shops in the area that may be able to help. If I find a solution, I'll be sure to share the knowledge.

teck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts