Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have procured some of the parts to develop an electro-optical circuit which will replace the ever faulty limit switches on those cars which have active aero. I will begin building the circuits probably this evening, after another trip to radio shack or to tech america. I'll let everyone know how it goes, and if there is enough demand for it, I will
have a company make the circuit boards so that it will be done right, and so that they can be made quicker. An initial run of circuit boards can be expensive (relative, I guess), but, when you have quantity, the price comes down. Perhaps I should patent the circuit and sell it to Mitsubishi as a direct replacement repair for this problem. It will probably cost a couple of hundred bucks to have pros do the circuit boards initially, but they should be very small, and with an increase in numbers, they price drops quickly. All those interested should reply or email me, so that I can know who needs this. I suspect most everyone with active aero has had or now has this problem. I've replaced these switches about 4 times myself. They just keep going bad, even when sealed up in silicone to weatherize them. I suspect a transient voltage spike from powering the drive motor down is inducing an arc across the switch contacts. After this occurs a number of times, the switch contacts will burn, and no longer conduct. Anyway, enough techno-babble. I'll keep everyone posted, and please let me know if you would find such a product useful. I'll have to hand build all of these, but I don't expect the cost to be prohibitive. Happy Holidays!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts