Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about some real 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times, all this Show and no go, is getting me down. whats the point of bragging about your bolt on extras, if they dont work.
It should be made compulsory that if you brag about all your goodies you have managed to buy, you have to put up some times to prove just how good they are.
My 96 TT completely stock does the 0-60 in 5.7sec
have a look, it's SUDDEN
http://www.gotools.com.au\cars.htm :ak47:
:hammer:

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
0-60 mph times are not measured or reported at American 1/4-mile drag strips. The car magazines use a "third wheel" to measure speed and distance to report their results. There are accelerometer devices that will measure and report 0-60 mph, like the GTech Pro. But most owners do not have these and the results may not be accurate when only one accelerometer is used. "GTech" just came out with a 3-accelerometer unit so that the device can measure horizontal acceleration accurately regardless of mounting position. I just bought one but won't have it for a few weeks (back ordered).

Anyway, don't count on a lot on American drivers reporting 0-60 mph times - for the time being. :)

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
My best 0-60 time (G-Tech) is reported in my sig below.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Alec said:
all this Show and no go, is getting me down.
You must think you're on a Honda board or something. I bet 2/3 of the cars & owners on this board have made passes at the dragstrip.

With a Gtech I did a 3.90 followed by a 3.97 back when all I had was a boost controller, intake, full exhaust, & a blow off valve. I don't have a clue what it does now with an extra 95-125HP.

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
I have gtech'd in the 3.XX's

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Trevor, did you use a newer model G-Tech or the older kind? I think our AWD screws up the readings on the older ones, I used to get 3.7-3.9 sec on my old mostly stock stealth (only had intake and a straight pipe for a cat! :D Then I switched to the G-Tech pro and I get fairly accurate readings now I think. All my runs are within .2-.3 of each other.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
all show and no go???

So from reading your post I get this out of it. If you put upgrades on your cars they really don't work until you get times???? That's how I'm reading it. Damn I guess all those civic owners who have the type r badges got them working after running a few times at the strip or with a gtech.

Mike

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
This is my 316th post, so I'm dedicating it to Jeff Lucius. :D Thanks for all your help in the past Jeff!

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
UTRacerX9 said:
Trevor, did you use a newer model G-Tech or the older kind? I think our AWD screws up the readings on the older ones, I used to get 3.7-3.9 sec on my old mostly stock stealth (only had intake and a straight pipe for a cat! :D Then I switched to the G-Tech pro and I get fairly accurate readings now I think. All my runs are within .2-.3 of each other.
That's with a Pro. :icon23:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Alec said:
How about some real 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times, all this Show and no go, is getting me down. whats the point of bragging about your bolt on extras, if they dont work.
It should be made compulsory that if you brag about all your goodies you have managed to buy, you have to put up some times to prove just how good they are.
have a look, it's SUDDEN
0-60 is for pussies, since there are no 0-60 contests in US. 1/8 or 1/4 mile is where it counts.

I also I don't think the comment of all show, no go is gonna go well with lots of people on this board. As most people here mod by adding power adders and not body kits, stickers, etc...

I've also known lots of cars that street races and kick almost every car's butt, but never take it to the strip to get a time. So tell me again that a Silvia that killed a Z06 in street race is all show and no go just because the owner didn't take it to a drag strip? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Alec said:
have a look, it's SUDDEN
5.7 sec.? is it broke?

4.48, 4.35. gtech pro.

you should be able to break 5 sec. stock.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
0-60 is over rated, you can have a car that only has under 200hp and with the right gearing you can get it down into #'s like ours but that dont mean anything in a real race since by the time you need the real power your gears have all ran out....

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
MeTrzan said:
0-60 is over rated, you can have a car that only has under 200hp and with the right gearing you can get it down into #'s like ours but that dont mean anything in a real race since by the time you need the real power your gears have all ran out....
True.
But since I don't have a 1/4 mile track in my back yard, I use 0-60 to practice my launches and make neccessary adjustments. I haven't perfected my launches yet either!:D

·
Ninja Performance
42,336 Posts
MeTrzan said:
Please list for us the cars (production and Streetable) that can do 0-60 in 3.XX with some mods or 4.XX stock for that matter.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good answer 0-60

o-60 is a good figure, you all beat mine, I'm now going out to practice, but I may cheat and quote some of the last few.
I think a 0-60 figure is important especialy to trafic light racers, who gets to the track?
Every one meets at the trafic lights and as the last post suggested, the times help with your launch tecnique etc., which is important in all situations. (how about a spell checker on here) :ak47:

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Well, I think MeTrzan is right to a point. Take a mustang LX with the old 5.0 for example. Those cars only had 225 horsepower if I recall correctly, but put a different rear end in it and slicks and intake, exhaust... You have a car that is in the 4's. However, with the shorter gearing he's lost a ton of top speed, and probably couldn't go toe to toe with a Maxima.

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Re: good answer 0-60

Alec said:
I think a 0-60 figure is important especialy to trafic light racers, who gets to the track?
Those who race the right way.

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts