Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what color is rarest on the 3000GT? i think i remember seeing a thread a few months ago where there was a color on only 2 cars or something?

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
I like to think that I have a rare color. But I will let you be the Judge of that.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh...1 more thing.....please dont say caracas red. im thinking about that pearl yellow so it will match m,y truck

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Really Kevin?? Thats Sweet. I have only seen one other one then Mine. Is in a 1991?? I am assumeing that it is.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
The Amethyst (purple like) color on the 3000GTs is rather rare.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I remember reading that there were only 2 Dark Green spyders ever made. I know you may want only normal 3S's, but was not sure.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Jeff had some good examples of rare cars from '96. My web page may shed more light on the issue: http://people.mw.mediaone.net/twinturbo/3S_Production.html

My silver '96 is one of three for that year, their are 4 orchid pearl Stealths but one of them is being held hostage by Chrysler. You really have to look at how many years each color was offered and determine if you are talking about only twin turbos or all models etc. Most colors were offered by both Mitsubishi and Dodge but under different names. For instance, Dodge called P82 "Orchid Pearl" while Mitsu called it "Amethyst" I believe in 1996. Regardless of color name, they are both P82 exterior color.

Mike Reids thread that just resurfaced today would be perhaps your best source at this point: http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=22367

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
I saw a pearl yellow spyder on ebay once! that has got to be rare.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
My color is rare for 3000GT's. They were only produced for 1991 models. I've only seen one other 3000GT driving around and only 1 other board member has the same color as me.

Joe....Are those build dates the dates they started production or ended? If its when they ended, I didn't know they ended production in March '96.

My parents originally bought my car on Dec. 8th, 1990 and my production date is Sept. 1990.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts