·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tel: 1-478-227-2661
[email protected]

http://www.carbonfiberhoods.com

Detailed pictures here:
http://www.3si.org/forum/f119/carbon-fiber-cw-flared-hood-install-pics-91-93-a-504938/

91-93
Fiberglass Version $250
Carbon Fiber $525

94-99
Fiberglass Version $250
Carbon Fiber $525

PM me for a coupon code to use at checkout, if you have any questions feel free to contact me.
-Edward

Carbon Fiber Mitsubishi 3000GT 91-93 Vented Hood

Fiberglass FRP Mitsubishi 3000GT 91-93 Vented Hood

Here's a photoshop on a 94-99, unfortunately I have no other pictures for 94-99 installed, but we do carry FRP and Carbon Fiber Hoods for the 94-99.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is it just me or is there a big gap between the hood and the front bumper?

·
Registered
136 Posts
wow, why would you use a picture that CLEARLY shows fitment issues as a selling point. for 250 though, I guess you cant really complain :)
Good point. Maybe I could just squash it down a little to make it look better. I wish there was some shots from different angles. Might be solvable with a little weather stripping.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you follow the line of the hood with the popups you can see that is not really a big gap. May be because it does not have the rubber inside of the hood make the gap looks bigger.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, why would you use a picture that CLEARLY shows fitment issues as a selling point. for 250 though, I guess you cant really complain :)
You're right it does look like there is a small gap there, I figure it's best to show the actual picture installed (if I can find it) so people can see exactly how it fits, even if I end up selling less.. There is another red car, I need to post his pics it seems to fit better on his for some reason. I took the pics years ago so maybe it's the weather stripping thing that's not installed, I don't remember putting it on but then again it was so long ago, I'll try to get the other red car pics up too..

·
iowa corn fed
1,557 Posts
how much weight saving?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how much weight saving?

Last I remember it was more than half. If I recall the 3000gt had a really heavy oem hood, like 40+ pounds, correct me if I'm wrong (it was 4 years ago).. I believe the fiberglass and carbon fiber hoods were 20. Usually for a civic or 240SX the hood is about 15 pounds so add a little for a 3000gt that should roughly be your weight.

·
iowa corn fed
1,557 Posts
so if carbon and fiberglass weigh the same whats the point in going carbon fiber?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so if carbon and fiberglass weigh the same whats the point in going carbon fiber?
There 's approximately a 10% difference in weight between a carbon fiber hood and a fiberglass.

If you're going to paint it , no point in buying a carbon fiber hood.. It's not worth the 10% savings in weight / dollar ratio in my opinion.

Also the carbon fiber fits slightly better.

Some people like the way carbon fiber looks and they don't want to pay for the body shop to paint the item, so in some cases they come out to the same price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts