Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1901 - 1912 of 1912 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went through all 95 pages. Just want to say that the photobucket extension does wonders; it fixed 50% of these blurry images.

Also, I want to bump this thread and see more!!! This thread itself is an amazing thread for all the newer members just getting into the platform. So much inspiration and creativity from the past. Now, I want to see the future and I notice a lot of people are now restoring and going minimalistic.

Don't let this thread disappear.

·
Show me your twins
1,144 Posts
I went through all 95 pages. Just want to say that the photobucket extension does wonders; it fixed 50% of these blurry images.

Also, I want to bump this thread and see more!!! This thread itself is an amazing thread for all the newer members just getting into the platform. So much inspiration and creativity from the past. Now, I want to see the future and I notice a lot of people are now restoring and going minimalistic.

Don't let this thread disappear.
Thanks for the tip. Sort of kinda works but I guess it’s better than nothing.

·
Show me your twins
1,144 Posts
Forgot about this thread. My VR4 has been lookin the same for a coo minute so I’ll throw some pics of my daily (SL). Recently got her some Volk GT-U’s

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beautiful, I thought you may of painted your car or something but didn't know you still have this gem. Great amazing 1st gen! I love mesh style wheels and have a set of sf winning myself. That bronze looks great.

I noticed half way through about page 40 that if you right click on the image and click view image (firefox), it'll take you to an unblurry version. I think it has something to do with the cache on our computers or 3si.

I'll post mines one of these days I can get it cleaned up.

·
Show me your twins
1,144 Posts
Thanks! 10 years strong with her 💪
I love Volk SF Winning's! Waitin on pics now lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I need to find a great detailer. I sneeze and I get scratches on my car. Got a chance to go to gmr today after a couple months getting the car back together.

Do it yourself man! Its crazy how easy it is, I took a class on it, and its stupid easy. It take a bit of time, but you buy the right stuff its cake!

You just need an "ok" buffer or DA.
a compound, also does not have to be great, I use chemical guys vf kit, comes with 32 34 36 38 bascially the lower number, the rougher it is. So if lost of scratches use 32 etc.
A polish, this is the main step, if you have a bad polish the whole thing is a waste, just find one you like. I use 3D, all of there stuff is amazing, like HD speed
a Microfiber pad for the compound
a polish pad.
and time... tons of vidoes out there showing you how, I do 3 passes of each.

The money you would spend on somone doing it, you can buy everything you need.

·
Show me your twins
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do it yourself man! Its crazy how easy it is, I took a class on it, and its stupid easy. It take a bit of time, but you buy the right stuff its cake!

You just need an "ok" buffer or DA.
a compound, also does not have to be great, I use chemical guys vf kit, comes with 32 34 36 38 bascially the lower number, the rougher it is. So if lost of scratches use 32 etc.
A polish, this is the main step, if you have a bad polish the whole thing is a waste, just find one you like. I use 3D, all of there stuff is amazing, like HD speed
a Microfiber pad for the compound
a polish pad.
and time... tons of vidoes out there showing you how, I do 3 passes of each.

The money you would spend on somone doing it, you can buy everything you need.
It's funny, I have almost everything I need. It's just too much work and I already know I am going to mess it up being black paint and everything is magnified even with the tiniest scratch. That being said, one of these days, I will most likely do it myself when I have time.

That is a beautiful car.

Is that an real GTO? I see a ton of goodies! Beautiful looking car
Thanks, no not a GTO. A few goodies here and there but I wanted to make sure everything was running, and running well. Going to hopefully get into more engine work soon.

·
Show me your twins
1,144 Posts
It's funny, I have almost everything I need. It's just too much work and I already know I am going to mess it up being black paint and everything is magnified even with the tiniest scratch. That being said, one of these days, I will most likely do it myself when I have time.

That is a beautiful car.

Thanks, no not a GTO. A few goodies here and there but I wanted to make sure everything was running, and running well. Going to hopefully get into more engine work soon.

That is a beautiful car.

I feel that. How long have you had the car?

1901 - 1912 of 1912 Posts