Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After removing my battery and three failed activation attempts my owners manual instructs me to contact a dealer to reset the stereo. Anyone have a cure for this?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yep...

Go to the dealer! If you want, you can try calling, but chances are that they won't give you the code that way.

When I needed to do it they wanted me to bring the car to the garage and remove the radio so that they could see it was my car and my radio that I was getting the code for. They get it from the serial number of the radio or some such number they plug into a computer...

Doug

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called my dealer and got a tip. Remember I know the correct code and have used it in the past, but guessed three times incorrectly instead of looking in my files. This locked up the reset function. The dealer tells me turning the radio on for an hour will unlock the code access program and I can reattempt with the correct code and procedure.

·
Oh no, not again.
341 Posts
N2K said:
I called my dealer and got a tip. Remember I know the correct code and have used it in the past, but guessed three times incorrectly instead of looking in my files. This locked up the reset function. The dealer tells me turning the radio on for an hour will unlock the code access program and I can reattempt with the correct code and procedure.
This is what the dealer told me to do, and it worked like a charm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.