Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to get me a radio code? Have the model and serial but no vin. No dealer would give me w no vin.
Model mb 942704
Serial 28069206b

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
How did you get the code without a VIN? I’ve tried before unsuccessfully.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
I tried and keep getting error, tried with various VIN's. i submitted a support ticket.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
Yes all 4 I tried where from 96's, hmmmm let me verify the radio I got which I am thinking was indeed from a 96, as he only had a 96 stealth I thought. the radio model was mr141227 if u can see if its the model specifically to 96 . Now that I think of it, With the VIN I had from his car from which the radio came out of it should have matched up regardless
Let see what Mitsu says.

BUT, I had a brainwave last night, I do beleive I have the radio from my 96 VR4 and its code card. Its easier to use that huh lol.

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
Yes all 4 I tried where from 96's, hmmmm let me verify the radio I got which I am thinking was indeed from a 96, as he only had a 96 stealth I thought. the radio model was mr141227 if u can see if its the model specifically to 96 . Now that I think of it, With the VIN I had from his car from which the radio came out of it should have matched up regardless
Let see what Mitsu says.

BUT, I had a brainwave last night, I do beleive I have the radio from my 96 VR4 and its code card. Its easier to use that huh lol.
That's not a good part number for a VR4... 94-96 used an MR141228

That's why I asked if there were any Stealth parts or VINs involved. Dodge stuff isn't in the Mitsu system.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
sorry didnt understand your statement. It is indeed a radio from a stealth, I used his original VIN and another 96 stealth VIN. I also used the 96 Spyder VIn. It kinda makes no sense in my head , it was Mitsu that make these cars to start with with same radios. But that would explain why it couldnt work . Stupid facts at work as usual.
I will use my 96 VR4 spare radio as I have the code for it. Then when I come across a dodge dealer and lets see if they can help getting me the code.

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
sorry didnt understand your statement. It is indeed a radio from a stealth, I used his original VIN and another 96 stealth VIN. I also used the 96 Spyder VIn. It kinda makes no sense in my head , it was Mitsu that make these cars to start with with same radios. But that would explain why it couldnt work . Stupid facts at work as usual.
I will use my 96 VR4 spare radio as I have the code for it. Then when I come across a dodge dealer and lets see if they can help getting me the code.
Did you install the Radio yet? or just trying to have the code to be prepared?

To my knowledge, Stealth radios don't need codes...

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts

lol that would be frikkin funny. No I havent worked on it . Thank you. I will let you now.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts

I am questioning the 96 stealth owner. Its definitly an infinity radio casette.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
he says its the original radio from his 96 Stealth RT and he needed the four digit code.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My 96 Stealth’s Infinity radio does not require a code.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
Mitsu is no help as larry said, that stealths are different lol, how the heck can that be. These are all Mitsu components. Any ways, update I found all my code cards (4?) One Jan has the number on the spyder , one says 99. so I narrowed it down to the 96 VR4 of which I have the radio. One is in bad shape so i think the good one is off the 96 VR4. My hang up is right now is installing a stock antenna to restore it back to stock. If antenna works I will also try the 96 stealth radio I got, and see if it needs a code.

Thank you for providing Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (“MMNA”) the opportunity to review and address your inquiry. In regards to your email, we are only able to answer questions regarding Mitsubishi vehicles manufactured for sale and distributed in the US. The information you are seeking involves a part manufactured for a 1996 Dodge Stealth. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with your request.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Thank you, again for contacting Mitsubishi Motors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts