Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1994 3000gt sl
18 Posts
I didn't have to remove the bumper on my 94 SL, I would Imagine you don't have to either. The radiator just pulls out the top. I left the fans on.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes.
I had to shave down the rubber isolator under the radiator, shorten the bolt from the AC line behind the driver side of the radiator so it doesn't gouge the new radiator and pick up hold down brackets from 3sx. Everything else mounted the same.

·
3S addict since '95
1,381 Posts
Would you recommend sticking to stock or getting aftermarket? Same thing with the fans and hoses?
Stock fans yo! Arguably, I believe the OE shroud is better. And for an SL, you certainly don't need increased cooling capacity. Honestly, an OE replacement from Rockauto would do you just fine.

·
Science, bitch!
1992 VR4
842 Posts
Would you recommend going oem for the hoses and fans as well?
Hoses are hoses, assuming they fit correctly. The stock fans work fine. In fact, the stock cooling system on any 3S, if it's in good shape, works fine for basically everyone. There is very little reason to "upgrade" unless you have defective OE parts and can't source a replacement OE part or they're really expensive compared to aftermarket.

I have a mishimoto radiator waiting to install, but that's because my original is gummed up and isn't working that well any more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a '93 3000GT DOHC, N/A, manual transmission. I replaced my stock radiator with the aluminum one that 3SX has a few months ago. I tried using the fancy red plastic hoses that 3SX also has and I couldn't get the clamp tight enough on the lower hose where it connects to the thermostat hosing. It was leaking and I couldn't get it to stop no matter how tight I tightened the clamp. So I order a set of OEM rubber hosed from 3SX and now it works great with no leaks. I found it easiest to attach the lower hose and the fans to the new radiator before installing it. My '93 also has the temperature sensors in the bottom of the radiator and I got those all wired before installing also. I added some new window foam to the passenger side fan housing and I also had to grind down the bolts that hold the A/C line to its condenser. My main fan now doesn't run very much at all and the temperature gauge doesn't ever move from about the 3:30 position. Since the main fan doesn't run much now, I know the new radiator is doing a better job than the original one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts