Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am preping the car for The races at Black hawk farms in Rockford. 13g's, injectors,supra pump, fuel control, and I need to do every trick in the book to run lower engine temps, cuz I am going to be boosting at 14psi, lap after lap.

Does fluidyne make radiators for our cars?

Any bigger, radiators, out ther that have better cooling qualities?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I know that PPE sells one, and Darkside racing is/was having a special on aluminum rads..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked out

radiatoirs.com, a possibilty.

key issue I s I need one tha6t cooles more effectively,.

I was told that the vr4 is likely to over heat, when ran at increased boostlevels over time.

Ill check out thje other sites. thanks guys..

any tips and tricks people want to share to keep a mOtor cooler.... SPEAK UP!!!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Redlines Water Wetter has netted good results for a lot of people... Have you tried searching the forum for an answer?

·
peopleofwalmart.com
1,709 Posts
Some others to consider:

Alcohol-water injection into intake
Spraying intercoolers
Iceman cold-air intake with ducting to the front of the car
Ducting to the front brakes
Hi-boiling point brake fluid
Brake upgrades
Wrapping exhaust headers
New radiator fans

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes yes. exactly

I have planned on a sprayer setup on the vr4, I have a 20lb tank of liquid co2, and 30 freet of copper line. Thought about fogging the intercoolers, and radiator. I thought about using alchol/ water injection to come on if my egts get to a preset level, fired into the intake runner assembly. One jet that hits all the intake runners and then an additional jet tapped in the rear 3 runners to ensure that I ample cooling for the cylinders that go lean first. I have a few more issues to work out and alot if this has to be thought out and revamped.

Actually the list is long.

Send turbos off to be rebuilt (13g's)
purchase & Install supra pump,
Purchase & Install injectors
Purchase & install SAFC.
Purchase & install new bushings, polyeurathane
Eibach prokit. not sure If I need a camber adjust kit, keeping stock wheels.

purchase and install a New bigger radiator

now possibley upgrade my fans

Relocate battery to back to free up room for
water injection tank and pump & Co2 valve/sellinoid.

water wetter. Sounds like it cant hurt.

In my reading, I came across on member that said something to the effect that having a thermostat that was removed could cause overheating. I always thought thermostats were an obstruction. Is he correct, or would replacing it with a lower temp stat (160?) be the right choice.

Then there are vents for the hood, to try and keep under hood temps down.

I am rambeling.... I need sleep.

Anyone who has avise, good bad or indifferent please shoot it at me. If the c02 sprayer is a waste of time, tell me. I figure I have the stuff to do it, I might as well give it a shot.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
is our stock radiator dual pass or does it just plain suck since it enters and exits on the same side????

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
Dynamic has an aluminum radiator too, or at least I think they did a while back. Not on their website though. I saw some pics of it posted by ekool.

devilmanVISA

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If you don't really care how horrible the car looks after you do this... Take your hood zits off. That is, if you still have the 1st gen hood.

I've done this a number of times, the car seems to feel better after a long drive or a hard run. May help somehow, doesn't look that great though. :)

Hot air tends to rise, and it's not too easy for the air to exit through the bottom of the engine bay to begin with. Heat seems to be a pretty big problem when you start increasing boost and upgrading.

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
Hmmm that's actually not a bad idea. Too bad I have a 2nd gen. You could ever go so far as to paint and bondo the holes up to make it look like it was made that way. Bitch if it rains though...

devilmanVISA

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
My radiator came from Bozzspeed.

There is an alternative to using water/antifreeze. Its called NPG.

There have been a lot of high HP cars that have over heated. I now have a Greddy PH temp gauge instead of the factory one.

Take it slow.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
no, not acid.

I reread the authors post and wanted to comment on the idea of spraying on the IC.

I have never thought this was a good idea because in order to tune the car in any way it requires the same parameters. There is no way that anyone can gurantee that the IC will stay at that low temp after being chilled.

So maybe you can run a little more boost for a few seconds...then what?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good point

True. I didnt think about the consistancy of tuning. It would be pointless to have a sprayer that comes on everyonce in a while.

Not sure how much it would help, my thought was to have a push button activated selinoid, that I could manually kick on for straight aways to help lower the intake compressed air temps.

I had hoped it would be similar effects to how our cars behave on cold days vs 90 degree days.

Of course this is all hypothetical.

Thanks for the direction on the radiators!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts