Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend i was sapposed to race a few guys, but plans fell through (due to my cars extended stay at the body shop because the dumb asses can't figure out how to put the 95 3kgt front bumper i bought on my 95 stealth). The two guys I wanted to race the most have a 2000 lexus gs 300 (stock w/ 50 lb 19" rims) and a fairly stock 1997 civic si (intake, exhaust, and maybe cams). my question is how do you guys think I would do against them, since i can't find out first hand for about two damn weeks. btw, my stealth is a sohc. i was going to just wait to find out when I race them, but the quriosity is killing me.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well the SI is pushing 160 horses but is only running about 111 pounds of torque...so if you do beat him you would have to keep your shifts nice and smooth. It will be a drivers race.

For the Lexus GS300 I am not sure but I think that they are pushing around 220 Horses and 220 pounds of torque...equivelant with the DOHC.....so I am not sure that you will be able to take this guy. I would say that you are going to lose to him but beat the Civic SI.

Go get'm one day and tell us how it goes.;)

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
what kind of stealth do you have? base? es? r/t? rttt? If you have any of them besides the base i say you can win both races. The civic si won't be a challenge and the lexus sounds heavy to me. Anyway go find them when your car's outta the shop and post results

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
He has a Sohc man.

and BTW::: there was a previous post about a DOHC N/A 3K having a little difficulty with a 300 GS..He beat him of course but only by about 3 car lenghts.;)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
SOHC Stealth will be a good race with the Civic SI. Similar horsepower but the stealth has the torque advantage but the Civic has the weight advantage. The GS300 will most likely beat you by over a car length. In 2001 their horsepower rating was 300 but I dont know the 2000 hp. I think it was approx. 250 so you should be downed by him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts