Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Vr4 for a short time, and have had 2nd gear synchro trouble for some while. But before this came about, I had quite a few interesting races. Here is my "Best Of" collection.

1) Old black Iroc-Z...no big deal.
2)Another Iroc...yeehaw
3)Silver Porsche...I dont know the year, but it was newer than the eighties models. Pretty quick. We went from a 30 punch...I got him 2-3 lengths. He waved and turned off at the next light.
4)New Z28...good race. He was somewhat quick. Showed him what was up though.
5)Mustang GT-modded-..probably the closest race yet. He was modded out the ass. Blonde jerk screwin with everyone. Revin his engine and being all "bad"...We went from a light and I had him 2-3 lengths until we hit 80 and I had him at least 4-5 if not more. My girl was with me and she was laughing her ass off. He was quite for teh rest of the night and wouldnt even look over at me. HaHa..gotta love AWD.
6)76' Vette. Killed him. I dont know what engine is in the older Vettes but it was slow as hell. I talked to him at a light and he was cool about it. He told me it was a 76' and it was an automatic.(theres most of the problem)
7)New TransAm..close race. AWD put me ahead the whole way though.
8) Turbo Civic Si...Had him off the line, but 2nd slipped bad. Then came the grinding sound. Yep...2nd gear synchro blown. Sad Sad Sad.
9)To be determined. Wanna Race? ;)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
What mods do you have...?
BTW, nice races!

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
oh man, that is a nice list. But it is a shame to have all those good kills and then come upon a turbo civic si and lose because of your syncros :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent ahd it that long, and most of my money has went into the synchro problem and a new clutch, but what I do have is:
K&N filtercharger
manual boost controller (sucky...need new one)
magnecor plugs/new wires
weight reduction(backseat, spare tire, EVERYTHING not needed, etc)
The Turbo Si was a disappointment, but he is a friend of mine and hes pretty cool. He promised me a rematch when I am back on my feet, and for what it is worth, I know everything he has done to that car and it is buit like a tank. Everything was done right and works perfectly. Not many cars in town can take him, but I shouldnt have a problem with it.
Thanks for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts