Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonight we went to our racing spot and it was me, and 993kgt in his new rx-7. we hung out for a while at the gas station with all the ricers trying to find me someone worth to run. well, a turbo civic si stepped up to the challenge and basically called me a bitch if i didnt run. well, i wanted to run so we did. from a 10 roll...( i like my clutch) so i pulled him in first as his turbo probably wasnt spooled.but he hit second, and disapeared more. third, i was gone. i had 4 cars on him. he said he "mis-shifted" and wanted a rematch. next run, same results.

on the way home, i hear behind me a loud ass BOV. i thought it was a 240sx with a motor swap, but i found out later it wasnt. the guy had guages on his pillar and he had intake/exhaust/bov/bc for mods. i honk to 3 and pull him 1/2 cars and it stays like that till about 125 then we both let off. it was a turbo mk3 supra. beat him at his own game...

brian raced the supra and it beat him... not by much, but it did beat him.

NOW, on the way back, i lined up with brian and he didnt want to run. however, he had kept flooring it when i wasnt in the right gear. i waited for him to do it again so i could get in the right gear. he had a passenger(jamie) that can verify this as well. im trying to get him to sign up. but he punched it and i pulled about 3/4 car on him. he was at my rear end.

overall, im damn impressed with my new mods, and the car absolutely hauls ass. im damn happy. i cant stop smiling. im hoping for 230 or more fwhp.

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
Those are some damn good kills. Just out of curiosity (sp?) what exactly are your new mods. Cause if you're beating cars like that, I want in...

-Remy

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took my sig down because some people were giving me hell about having a purple car. i like the amethyst pearl and im not worried about what people think. i like it, and its damn nice. ill work on a new sig when i get some time. ive been really busy and i probably will be for the next week.

my mods are as follows:

intake
exhaust(no mufflers/cats: precats still intact)
dnp frontpipe
3sx pulley
test pipe
75 shot dry nitrous oxide.

i will be purchasing a vr-4 fuel pump, vr-4 injectors, and an s-afc. i will then raise the shot to 110.

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
Ah, I see. I think the Amethyst pearl (can we just call it purple now? :D ) is pretty sweet looking. How hard was the nitrous to install? What gear do you use it in? I've been considering it and am just kinda wondering.

-Remy

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
purple, i dont care. the color doesnt make the car...

i use nitrous NEVER in first(too much wheel spin anyways) anytime in second, cut it off for the shift, then cut it back on in third.

i wouldnt know how hard it was to install. ive never done one, so i had the guy that i bought it from install it for me for 75 bucks. well worth it. he did a damn good job, and it runs excellent. i got some video footage of me spraying and i should have them up mid next week.

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
Sweet...

-Remy

·
www.GTRacing.ca
923 Posts
I think with those mods you should be pushing WEEEEEEEELL over 230FWH. Your will kick VR-4's ass from a roll. A stock one that is. No matter what year. But, traction is a HUGE prblem for you no doubt about it. Nice mods though and good kills too.

As for your sig, I think the nicest thing about your car is the colour. Put that pic back up. It's fun to look at and admire. :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
GTR...what the heck is a MAVRO TT? I thought a TT was a TT?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nice runs Wannabe! You need to get some strut bars and some suspension mods to help out with your wheel spin. I bet some motor mounts would help as well.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill put the sig back up when i get a chance... no doubt traction is a bitch, without the nitrous too!! so what i do is just run first normal and at about 4500 hit the spray in second, and its not that bad. once i get the cash, i have to buy new rotors first... mine are shot. then ill probably get some intrax springs because brian said they helped him out with traction a lot. then IF i have the money, and i probably will because of christmas, (after i buy gifts too, maybe a few for me hehe) ill think about sway bars... cause when that rex took a turn, damn.... he was just flying and i stopped and at about 70 and slowed down cause it felt a little unsafe whereas he put about 20 cars on me through that turn. those cars can f-ing handle!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts