Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ey guys, I hear a lot that the 3000GT breaks down a lot. Now i found a VR4 that has 101k miles on it. So is there a good chance it will break down and if yes, wut would i have to look out for.as 3000GT enthusiasts, im sure ur a lil bias but honesty are vr4 relaible, i mean as a sports car? are the rumors of the infamous transmissions being weak or problematic true? the one i am thinking of buying is a getrag 6 spd. i love the vr4 gto but them being expensive, i want to know exactly what problems and scenarios are possible. thanx guys :ak47: $$$

·
I'm Back
1,839 Posts
the car

this car is VERY reliable. especially if you keep it stock. as long as maintenance has been performed for 60k and 120k tuneups, everything should be fine.

only tranny problems happen with more power in these cars and hard launches

·
Street Master
821 Posts
my personal experiance has been in two months I have gone through two engines. *just bought the car two months ago.

And it hasn't been cheap. I wouldn't buy a VR-4 if I were you, unless you can afford to fix high$ problems. As imo and from what I have seen. When these cars break down. They REALY break down. And its expencive.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
zizux well i can see why you have been through 2 motors. nice list of mods. if the car is somewhat stock and has been taken care of somewhat in the past then it is reliable. i have had my car for 3 months and exept for needing new spark plugs there has been no problem. i would recomend getting one if you are gonna lightlymod it and the previous owner has taken good care of the car.

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
if the oil changes and the old owner has taken good care of it, it should be reliable. Although, yes, when they do break down, they break down. Mine is currently down because i need a new clutch at 60k. I bought it from an old guy and it is in magnificent condition. Although it was completely stock and totally see through windows, so it has kinda been through a little bit of a change for the little time i have had it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts