Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
N/A 1998 3000GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a pair of the official GTO rain guards after months of searching through Yahoo Japan Auction (and ignoring a seller from China asking almost $600 for them). My question is for those that do have them or maybe had them in the past, how do you install them? I know it's not something that basically pops on or gets 3M tape like a lot of cars and I'm assuming some screws will be going into the frame around the door. Through rough translation it says it comes with the brackets needed to install it but again I've never seen these in person to ask how they installed them or anyone make a video on them to know. So I just want to know what I'm in for when before they come in on Friday.

Thanks
Warren

·
?Mark
16,626 Posts
adrian casteneda, blue3ksl has them or had them

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,777 Posts
Interested as well. I wonder if these are something somebody could fab up, like we did with the mudflaps

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
N/A 1998 3000GT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adrian casteneda, blue3ksl has them or had them
How would I contact either of them? I don't see an option to search for members on this site. The closest thing I can find is in advanced search by searching keywords and or posted by and neither shows up. Sorry if this is common sense here, I haven't used the forums much since I joined it last year.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The black metal brackets slip under the plastic/stainless trim that runs around the top of the rubber door/window seal. There's not much to see under the rubber seal on mine because it's all sealed up with foil tape from factory, but you can feel holes underneath the tape - I assume to access screws which must screw into plastic panel inserts mounted in the pillar?

·
?Mark
16,626 Posts
How would I contact either of them? I don't see an option to search for members on this site. The closest thing I can find is in advanced search by searching keywords and or posted by and neither shows up. Sorry if this is common sense here, I haven't used the forums much since I joined it last year.
I send him a PM on FB

·
Show me your twins
1,162 Posts
Box is basically correct. The only clip that attaches to the car is the very last one (see Box's last pic). You pull the rubber weather stripping from that corner and also pull the foil thats under that. you will see a screw there.

Other than that, you will have to remove the OE double sided tape on the rain guards (if theres a lot of it) and apply your own. Id suggest 3M super strength double sided tape.

·
Show me your twins
1,162 Posts

·
Show me your twins
1,162 Posts
Interested as well. I wonder if these are something somebody could fab up, like we did with the mudflaps

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Retro Spec sells/use to sell FG/CF copies. Not clear tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts