Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read many thread.. So ATF stands for automatic tranny oil? I can just go get any ATF at auto store but make sure it is dexron III? Also, one quart ATF and 3.5 quarts of reg. motor oil and run it for 1000miles (change it out) and then half quart ATF for another 1000 miles (change it out)?

Also seaform, you hook that up to the brake booster cable and let it suck it up right? and exact where the heck is the big brake booster line at?

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
Hold tight there... To my knowledge the kind of auto tranny fluid does not matter. I will tell you what though. Do not do this 3.5 qts of oil and 1 quart of tranny fluid unless you want to be turboless soon. Put in the normal 5 quarts of oil PLUS the tranny fluid and do all of the driving you are going to do but make sure you do not drive the vehicle hard b/c tranny fluid can not hold up against friction and the like, that regular oil can. After you have done this for your 1000 miles or whatever you choose then just dump all 6 quarts out and dump in 5 quarts of your usual oil and you should be fine! Good luck.
sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.