Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· 1,2,3,4 I love MarineCore
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the tail end of my very very long rebuild. I chucked the resistor pack years ago that go to the radiator fan. I am wondering if someone can tell me the wiring scim on this plug right quick. I hope that it is the plug that plugged into the radiator fan resistor pack. If so, I need to know which wires are for the passenger side fan.

Thank you.

· Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Does look like the fan plug for a 1st gen passenger side fan. Your best bet would be to reconnect it and just bypass the resistor in the fan motor sub-harness. Both fan switches go through that plug as well. Fan won't work without the switches to turn in on.

5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does look like the fan plug for a 1st gen passenger side fan. Your best bet would be to reconnect it and just bypass the resistor in the fan motor sub-harness. Both fan switches go through that plug as well. Fan won't work without the switches to turn in on.
Nothing to reconnect it to, and I threw out the resistor pack years ago. I have to splice it into aftermarket fans. I was just wondering if anyone knew the wiring schismatics to that plug off the back of their hand, by chance.

· Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Nothing to reconnect it to, and I threw out the resistor pack years ago. I have to splice it into aftermarket fans. I was just wondering if anyone knew the wiring schismatics to that plug off the back of their hand, by chance.
The diagrams are in the FSM. I would have thought you'd have that by now... You've been here how long..?:D:D

You tossed the harness that has the connectors for the fan switches? how are you planning on turning on the fan?

The red/blue wire is battery power to the motor from the fuse link. The green wire is the ground wire from the motor that is controlled by the relays. Yellow went to the resistor, and black is the ground. Blue/black and green/black went to the fan switches.

I would recommend getting the diagram and familiarizing yourself with the system, so you can design a system that works for you and the fans you're using. The factory system was quite complex with each fan being 2 speed, one of them power controlled with dual windings, the other ground controlled with a single winding resisted for low speed, with 5 relays and 2 temp switches making it all work.

5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The diagrams are in the FSM. I would have thought you'd have that by now... You've been here how long..?:D:D

You tossed the harness that has the connectors for the fan switches? how are you planning on turning on the fan?

The red/blue wire is battery power to the motor from the fuse link. The green wire is the ground wire from the motor that is controlled by the relays. Yellow went to the resistor, and black is the ground. Blue/black and green/black went to the fan switches.

I would recommend getting the diagram and familiarizing yourself with the system, so you can design a system that works for you and the fans you're using. The factory system was quite complex with each fan being 2 speed, one of them power controlled with dual windings, the other ground controlled with a single winding resisted for low speed, with 5 relays and 2 temp switches making it all work.
I have the manual cds somewhere on my bookcase. I will admit this is just me being lazy af.... :LOL:
I didn't even google it. I was like, meh I'll make a quick post and someone will just "know" it by heart and post up in a hour or so. There's no excuse, I'm just getting old and don't even want to get up to get the mail anymore. lolol.
Thank you, for letting me get away with being the person who didn't google it. I get one every X amount of years. haha
Thanks again.

5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh on the harness, it got thrown out by accident with a ton of other stuff when I was cleaning up the garage. I have the flex-light fans hard wired in to a switch, relay, fuse on a ign wire that I threw together. Now I am going through it to "do it right".

I am going to wire both fans to be on when the car is running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts