Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I love my new car but since i'm new to the VR-4 world, i have a couple of questions.
#1: The display on the radio is dead.
everything iluminates just fine but the display that tells you the time or track is very dim. You can't see it at all at night. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?
#2: first gear is kind of hard to engage while on a complete stop.
sometimes it won't go in at all unless i move the shifter or put it on second gear, then first. Sometimes second won't go in at all while stopped.
any ideas?
Well I guess that's all for now. thanks for all your help.

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
1. You probably already tryed this, but have you tryed turning up the illumination knob to the left of the steering wheel?

2. Sounds like synchros going bad. You could probably still do the double clutch to get it into gear.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Try putting into second and then into first.

I don't believe that first and reverse are synchroed...could be wrong on that though...

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Questions about my new VR-4

Ryououki said:
1. You probably already tryed this, but have you tryed turning up the illumination knob to the left of the steering wheel?

2. Sounds like synchros going bad. You could probably still do the double clutch to get it into gear.
Yea, I tried the illumination knob and it's turned all the way up!!
I hope it's not the Synchros, but since i just bought the car and i bought the warranty, i'm all set:D
Hopefully not though 'cause i'd hate to be without my car

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
while were on the subject...

my radio "track, disc, time" whatever thing doesnt light up anymore also.

whats the damn deal??

when i first got the car it didnt work at all.. then i found out if a smack the shit out of it, it would come on. now the hitting thing doesnt work anymore.

i'm afraid if i take the radio apart it wont work at ALL anymore.

BTW - if this means anything, i have the infinity stereo system.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
dude If I bought a VR4 the first thing i would do is have the transmission look at ...you should try changing the gear bos fluid to that REDLINE .I heard it helps smooth out the rough shifts.good luck with the car:D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Shift into second, then go into first. A lot of people with the TT's do it without thinking about it. If its only first gear, and only when you're stopped, its because the Synchros aren't lined up, and they can't line up by themselves with the car not moving. Most people either shift into first as they slow down, or go second then first from a stop.

Just a quirk of the car man, so long as its only first and only while you're stopped.

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ebaines said:
Shift into second, then go into first. A lot of people with the TT's do it without thinking about it. If its only first gear, and only when you're stopped, its because the Synchros aren't lined up, and they can't line up by themselves with the car not moving. Most people either shift into first as they slow down, or go second then first from a stop.

Just a quirk of the car man, so long as its only first and only while you're stopped.
Hey, where in Boston are you exactly?
I'm from everett.
Anyway,Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
sounds like 1st gear synchro is worn, dunno about the radio

·
Registered
764 Posts
MightyJoe!

You got a vr4! no way!

I am going to be in Boston tonight with some 3S people. come meet us. Call my cellphone. 508 265 9307.

Shane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts