Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just need some help with hotwire coil kit. I bought it from ninja performance, and I got also instructions which are very clear. I just dont quite understand the first part, so before I go to splice the wires, I would like to be 100% what I am doing.

I got 10 Gauge power wire. From one side there is blank, on the other side there is yellow O ring
www.ninjaperformance.com/ninja-performance-coil-pack-hotwire-kit-pi-220110.html

So in the instructons there is written, that 10Gauge wire goes from battery to the fuse holder to the positive batery terminal, which is connected with yellow o-ring. But then there is written that cut 10gauge power wire and connect to blue power wire on Relay harnes.

SO my question is:
1. One side of 10G wire go directly to the battery, other side go to the blue wire on Relay (87a) (no fuse box)

or
2. One side of 10G wire go to fuse holder possitive battery terminal, and other side go to the blue wire on Relay (87a) (not direct connection with battery)

or
3. .........

Here is also thread that explain everything

Thank you in advance

Regards
Jaka

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
Jaka - The fused 10AWG wire from the battery will connect to 30 on the relay. In the picture, it is most certainly going to be the blue wire with the larger, yellow butt connector. If anything, you are only cutting to reduce the length for a cleaner installation.

87 goes to the coilpack, and 86 (relay switch) will go to the harness side of that same wire that should have been cut going into the coilpack. It is pretty much as described in the thread.

Hopefully this helps!

-Alan

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man.

So I directly connect from battery to the relay (blue wire), no need from fuse box.

One more question. If I connect directy from battery terminal, will this couse more battery drain, when car is off?

regards
Jaka

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
Most welcome!

You can use the fuse box if you want less wires exposed, but it is more for aesthetics (looks) lol. Also, you will not experience any additional power drain while the car is off. The relay will be "switched on" by the (now intercepted) stock power wire that feeds the coilpack i.e. only when cranking or engine is running ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts