Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you still use a Y-Pipe?? or does it change over to an intake with just one pipe.. cause I'm sure there's only one pipe going from the FMIC to the plenum?

Also, does the FMIC block the radiator at all??

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
No Y-Pipe, the two lines from the turbo's go directly into the end tank on one side of the Intercooler, then out the other, one pipe goes out, and up to your Throttle Body.
Fmic, does not really block the radiator.. as long as there is room between the Intercooler, and the radiator, you will not be hurting your cooling affects.

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet.. just what I needed to know.. I prob need some sore of FMIC just because I don't have any air inlets on my front bumper for side mounts..

·
Registered
461 Posts
No y-pipe needed for the FMIC. 2" piping from two turbos to the IC endtank then 3" pipe all the way to the throttle body.
It actually block the radiator and AC core. A good IC core wouldn't hurt the coolant temp tho.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hey Leland

So are you turboing your car? I can't quite make up my mind on what I want to do. Built motor with n2o or light mods and factory turbos? In the long run I think they will both cost about the same. I am just more concerned with daily driving problems and complications.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Lets just say that there are gonna be some interesting cars coming our of Boone NC in the next 6 months heheh :)

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes Brandon.. it all depends on if I can get some turbos and manifolds for cheap.. I've got a lead ;) all the rest are just details :p

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
ill still be the fastest, cuz none of your cars are going to be able to drive anywhere :D

·
2,994 Posts
I think that SnakeSkinner has a fmic on his 95 Stealth, but does the FMIC fit on a second gen Stealth or 3000GT without any mods, or is there cutting and moding needed? Does anyone know?

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
You almost always have to cut or remove the front crash beam. This won't hurt the car unless of course, you hit something ;)

·
2,994 Posts
So that means no air bags?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
to the best of my knowledge your airbag will stillwork, all you have to remove is the support. Your car will crumple a little more

·
2,994 Posts
I guess you guys are right, why would we want to live if our car was totaled.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
On my 91 VR4...lost the foglights. Lost the crash bar, and pistons behind them. Had to grind down the bumper a little bit on each side. No biggie. Lost about 20 lbs total.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts