Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Question about active exhaust, active aero, and suspension

175 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  HellBringer 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me which year and which models of the 3000gt come with the active aero, active exhaust, and the suspension system? And can you please also describe to me exactly how these things work, and what other functions like these are available.
Thanks ;)

#2 ·
i'm not positive..but pretty sure that they came on 91-96...all years. then 97...they stopped.

active areo - downforce...handling

active exhaust - tour/sport settings. Use your common sense;)

ECS - once again...handling. sport tightens the suspension, handles better.

Matt

#4 ·
mr-scarface said:
Can someone tell me which year and which models of the 3000gt come with the active aero, active exhaust, and the suspension system? And can you please also describe to me exactly how these things work, and what other functions like these are available.
Thanks ;)
the best place to look would be in your owners manual if you got one...........if you dont look on ebay they have them from time to time for every year....
the stealth never saw the active areo on any year

#7 ·
Active Aero was dropped with the 97 production year due to the hoop spoiler. Absolutly useless. Mainly for looks. It is said to be useful, but hell if i know.

ECS was dropped.... I dont know when 99 perhaps? Gives better suspension hardness when launching. Comes in 2 modes. Sport, and HARSH. (TT owners will know what I mean)

Active Exhaust was dropped in what 99 also? Quiet, and Loud. On Tour mode it will switch to sport after 3500 rpms or so. not much diffrence.

#8 ·
Black1995GTBase said:
Active Aero was dropped with the 97 production year due to the hoop spoiler. Absolutly useless. Mainly for looks. It is said to be useful, but hell if i know.

ECS was dropped.... I dont know when 99 perhaps? Gives better suspension hardness when launching. Comes in 2 modes. Sport, and HARSH. (TT owners will know what I mean)

Active Exhaust was dropped in what 99 also? Quiet, and Loud. On Tour mode it will switch to sport after 3500 rpms or so. not much diffrence.
thanks. that was exactly what I wanted to know.

So, if I buy a 95 vr-4, i will get all the high-tech gadgets. correct?

#9 ·
The Facts

Active Aero 91-96

Active Exhaust 91-94 (possibly on very early 95's)

ECS 91-94 and part of 95. Midway through 95 the VR-4's dropped the manual sunroof and went to electric. If your VR-4 has an electric sunroof, you do not have ECS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.