Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious what did they do to get 320hp vs the original 300 on the 2nd gens? just turn the boost up a little? also are the 1st gens prone to any problems? i know they are 5 speeds vs 6, how well do they pull on the highway in 5th? Also are the mods the same for both cars creating the same amount of hp or will the 2nd gen always make a little more power? Thanks!

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
The engines are basically identical except the 2g blocks are 4 bolt instead of 2 bolt..they're supposed to be stronger, but no one's had any trouble with them.

to get the extra 20 hp, they just turned up the boost.

5th gear on 1st gens pulls the same as 6th in the 2nd gens..it's the same gear, they just shortened up 1st 2nd and 3rd to add an extra gear to get more torque.

personally, i've never heard of any mods making different power on 1st gen vs. 2nd gen..
about the only considerations when deciding whether you want 1st or 2nd gen is which one you like better..and the 5 vs. 6 speed..but you can swap 'em.

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zentelis said:
The engines are basically identical except the 2g blocks are 4 bolt instead of 2 bolt..they're supposed to be stronger, but no one's had any trouble with them.

to get the extra 20 hp, they just turned up the boost.

5th gear on 1st gens pulls the same as 6th in the 2nd gens..it's the same gear, they just shortened up 1st 2nd and 3rd to add an extra gear to get more torque.

personally, i've never heard of any mods making different power on 1st gen vs. 2nd gen..
about the only considerations when deciding whether you want 1st or 2nd gen is which one you like better..and the 5 vs. 6 speed..but you can swap 'em.
thanks for the info guys, but i am not totally clear about the 5th and 6th gear. i know 6th gear is essentially an economy gear and 5th i redline limited to around 155mph or so, so does that mean 5th in the 1st gen is just an overdrive gear and you can go 155 in 4th? also you can swap a 6speed into the 1st gen? how hard is that? thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts