Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
^Human 3S Wikipedia
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q45 Reverse lights grafted into R/T center panel

Oh yeah, I made this for Thadd (inperfectdarkness), while I had his car for an AWD ATX conversion. This reverse light idea was his from this thread: http://www.3si.org/forum/f119/here-goes-nothing-456425/

This is not a step by step how to, just an interesting look at how I did this. The first few pics show the making, then I bomb you with repetitive pics from all kinds of angles. Let me know what you think!

·
^Human 3S Wikipedia
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
very nice man good work..

haha you should add a toggle switch to turn it on when people tailgate you
thanks. lol are you messing with me? http://www.3si.org/forum/f60/two-hundred-watt-backup-lights-250920/ not only did i add a reverse light manual override to my, and digiimandans car, i added 2 100w fog light bulbs to give it back to tailgater/ricers with their high beams on. it's incredibly effective. my next idea is to install a rear horn for daytime ownage:evil1:.

·
super cool story bro
1,354 Posts
thanks. lol are you messing with me? http://www.3si.org/forum/f60/digiiman-video-reverse-lights-shooter83-design-280981/ not only did i add a reverse light manual override to my, and digiimandans car, i added 2 100w fog light bulbs to give it back to tailgater/ricers with their high beams on, it's incredibly effective. my next idea is to install a rear horn for daytime ownage:evil1:.

that threads video link is outdated, but it's still on streetfire:
100 Watt Backup Defense Lights on a 3000GT [Get ba - Car Videos on StreetFire

That is awesome.

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
I'm in envy... it looks like I have found someone who is just as much of a dick about detail as I am.

I thought I was the only one..lol

Very nice job.

·
Banned
8,445 Posts
*spooge*

...and i jizz in my pants...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
need to do away with the factory reverse lights now.

·
Banned
8,445 Posts
yes...that will come when i finish with the rear bumper--including welding r/t bumper mounts to the frame. i need to weld urethane over the mount locations, fill in the trim creases, and then finish/paint with the diffuser in a flat-black.

for now...i've got the only 3/s with 4 working reverse lights. :)

p.s.

if anyone has about 6 plastic clips for the bottom of the bumper, or any of those square plastic clips that fit into the frame where the r/t tails or the corner caps fit (including the rubber condom on the back side)--i need some. i'm also missing the cover for the right side tail-light that faces the hatch.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Will be interested in seeing how and where you divide the diffuser to paint, I was looking at this with mine but couldn't think of a clean way to accomplish it.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
thats good work, but now the back end looks way to avenger-like for me.

·
Banned
8,445 Posts
thats good work, but now the back end looks way to avenger-like for me.
to be honest, it looks less like an avenger than a regular r/t with the duckbill. all the more reason i'm keeping the n/a wing.

there is a trim line along the bottom of the bumper above the "diffuser" area. that's where i'll make the division when painting. it's been done before.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I was looking at that line as well but didn't like the idea of the sides around the corner being flat black as well. Most diffusers just occupied the center I thought.

·
Banned
8,445 Posts
Gawd, this car is like my lil bro now. :p
:) enjoy it while you can. once i pay for bbk's & tie up a few loose ends...this thing won't be your "little bro" any longer.

i really do think my turbos must be shot or something...this thing fogs REALLY bad.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts