1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J

·
0 Posts
What are the best brake rotors for the VR-4?
Mine are warped severely. Atlanta is rough on those brakes! I would like to get the best that are out there, some that won't warp. Of course, the OEM had been turned twice.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
A1: Bremsa, Brembo and MovIt ... kits
A2: Porterfield cryonic treated (the affordable ones)

J

·
0 Posts
Roger... any suggested dealers of these rotors? Also, will I be required to do any modifications or will they replace OEM rotors? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The Bremsas are available here and are the same manufacturer as Brembo. They are replacements but an overkill and they also have somewhat warping ! I highly recommend the Porterfields replacements. Get the cryonic treated and use their R4S pads. They will not warp nor break and are probably the best bang for the buck. Get them from Porterfield directly.

I do not recomend to use PowerStop nor PowerSlot or Stillen. All of them tend to break under heavy use.

J

·
0 Posts
Thanks Roger. I needed to know the best rotors that would not warp, because that has been my problem. I'll check Porterfield. Do they have a website? I'll try a search on it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Roger or David, would you happen to know if Porterfield cross drilled rotors would tend to break as well under heavy use?

Mario 94 VR-4

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
If you like to get crossdrilled ones then get the most expensive rotors you can get. This because they will then not be crossdrilled but the holes are made during the making process and bored out afterwards. This are Bremsa, Porsche and Bremba. All in the $800 range for only the fronts ! The normal Porterfield ones work very good and if you cryonic treat them the will not warp. The Bremsas I have are slotted and crossdrilled and the next time I'd only take plain ones !

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ahh, very interesting. Thanks Roger! I saw the Bresma rotors on your page, they look very high performance! However, you said "they somewhat warp", so I 2nd guessed them. Does Bremsa have a web page? I looked awhile ago for it and no luck (when I first saw your rotors), cause I was curious about them when I first got my VR-4 about a year ago, but now am near ready to buy.

Mario

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i have krv brakes from canada cost me about 110 dollars each forty five dollars for pads and they told me that they are garenteed not to warp or they will replace them

J

·
0 Posts
I ordered the cryogenic treated rotors. The said that they could cross drill and slot the rotors, but recommended only the cross drilling to eliminate the rotor warpage. I also ordered the kevlar pads. They said this combination will result in the least rotor problems for street use in stop and go traffic, such as Atlanta is almost 24 X 7.
Thanks for the advice folks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts