Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I'm going to have to give some back story on this 2 1/2 years nightmare venture with a shop here in Toledo. The only reason I went with them initially for this build was because i thought I made a friend after speaking when him for so long and I thought I could trust him. Obviously not being the fact that I've have been strung along.

With that out of the way I'm fine, the car is fine, and I was able to get all my parts from there safe and sound when minimal issues.

This venture of getting this rebuilt with this shop has been horrid. First it was the excuse of not being able to get a bolt out of the turbo to get it coated. Mind you that was 2 years ago. I was told to make this go faster to get a spare motor and transmission, which I was going to do anyway to have a backup and have a new transmission built which I did (which by the way arrived back to them rebuilt BEFORE they even touched the spare motor, I gave them to tear down and let me know what I need to get.)

Another year goes by, and they say they are waiting on cp rods that needed to be made. Fair. But the motor still hasn't been torn down. Finally, it does a few months later and we find out I need a new block. Fine. I sourced another 4bolt main locally without a cradle. The cradle from the rusted block was fine so they sent it off to a machine shop they choose to get this new block machined to fit this cradle. A little over have a year goes by and nothing has been done. Not even reaching out to edge this guy along as I know %100 that it should only take two weeks to machine a block after speaking with another machine shop.

Finally, enough was enough I got so pissed that I just pulled all of my shit from there and am going with another shop that actually does and pushes out work and should be back on the road by late October. Way better than a 2 1/2 years wait time.

I recommend NOT going to this shop that I left if you have timelines and want things done. Or if you have absurd amounts of money and multiple new vehicles at your disposal. If you are one of the latter things, I stated then I'm sorry for you.

Way more parts than shown in pictures. There is an os giken clutch somewhere in that pile. And a brand-new forged crank in the back seat of the car. 馃槀

Can someone say overnight parts from Japan? LOL

Registered
Damn. Yet another story that has become a commonplace occurrence with mechanics! My experience is that they ALL say they are trustworthy, and that the last mechanic who worked on the car was no goodd
People!

Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
Well I'm not trying to stick up for the shop
(Automotive tech) I'm taking home 70 plus hours a week flat rate
It's for the birds
But it does get me some go fast bits and pieces lol

馃拃鈽

Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm not trying to stick up for the shop
(Automotive tech) I'm taking home 70 plus hours a week flat rate
It's for the birds
But it does get me some go fast bits and pieces lol

馃拃鈽
Yeah, I get that but there is a problem when every other place I go to and every other person I talk to in this damn town has negative things to say about this shop. Not to mention there are a few cars there that have been there for over 5 years now.

I am not one to tell anyone how to run their business buuut I am more than certain how it's being run is for sure at %100 inefficiency. And also, if you are going outsource some work it is definitely their responsibility to make sure whoever that is, is getting it done in a timely manner. Instead of saying no we can't give you their number for it will tarnish their relationship. Well, if that was the case, they should have thought about that well before hand and took it into their own hands to hound them for this work.

Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
Logan, why don't you hit up Donnie (@donniekak)?
He's in Ohio.
Maybe he'd be willing to put your engine together...
From what I've heard, he really knows his stuff :)

Bob.

Reactions: Boosted_6cyl
1 - 9 of 9 Posts