Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small puncture hole on the front panel from one of front plate screws...is there a way I can fix this without having to replace the whole front panel??? thanks...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Where is the hole?

If you are referring to a hole in either vinyl, leather, or some sort of a plastic piece, then more than likely it can be repaired. My dad owns a franchise in a company called Dr. Vinyl and that is one of their specialties. I have fixed numerous holes in dashes, door pannels, seats (inc. cloth). You could try looking in a phone book to see if there is one near you or try www.drvinyl.com
Jesse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry...I meant by the front of the car body...I don't really know the proper term to use...where the front license plate holder is...one of the screws that hold lincense plate puncture into the body...oh well...it's no big deal, I guess...just wondering if it will be cheap to fix...

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
You can go to your local boat store and pick up a stick of epoxy putty. Its like playdo, but its plastice. Just tear off at least 1/4 of the stick, mush it together until it is all one color, and smells really bad, then work it into the whole, smooth off as best as you can, leaving a minor amount above the surface for shrinkage, sand carefull (abs sands really quick) and paint. I would send you what I have left, but I think it would be easier for you to just buy it from the boat store. Just make sure not to get any polyester resin, or something that has acetone in it, it wil melt the plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts