Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No longer in KY
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial testing with this pump showed I had a healthy voltage drop in my electrical system which made this pump perform slightly worse than its smaller Devil's Own counterpart. The pump is physically larger than the standard size pump and draws a few more amps. If you run a progressive controller from another alky vendor you may want to contact them about this pumps amp draw before you purchase it. The Devil's Own draws 10amps and the ProMeth PM190 draws 16.5amps. I also have a Snow Performance pump that draws 11amps. The ProMeth pump will draw 150% of what the other pumps on the market are going to draw. That's why initial testing showed the ProMeth pump was under performing vs the Devil's Own pump.

Attachments

·
No longer in KY
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My meth system at one time was measured to flow around 3000ml/min with a Devil's Own pump, a Snow pump, and 3 Devil's Own DO14 nozzles. Simply repairing the voltage drop and running the PM190 in place of the old Devil's own pump netted a rather large gain in system performance. Measured total flow now with 2 pumps, one PM190 and a Snow pump, and 3 DO14's is now up to 3875ml/min. That's pushing all 3 nozzles to near their max advertised flow of 1340ml/min. I am impressed with this pump's performance and am glad I purchased it.

It isn't for a small single nozzle system. This pump I would only recommend using for large nozzle systems and multiple nozzle systems where large volumes of flow is needed. The picture attached is total system flow for 1 minute.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Electric motors are current hogs. They’ll show you the weak link in your power supply setup quick.

Running high boost and high base pressure with Walbro 450’s had me melting 30a relays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts