Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Z16-Abuser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I weighed the parts I took out and the new motor plate. 12-13 pounds saved!!!!!! that's with it all being 1/8 inch mild steel. it was around 6 pounds for everything. 5 pounds for the plate and a pound for the front bracket. this is all bathroom scale so don't get all fucked off if im a pound or 2 off overall.

I know I could save more if I went with aluminum, but it would cost more in materials and in welding supplies. I really cant see you saving much more weight.

the mounts I took out were terrys solids, so already lighter than stock.

Something I should mention. the rear mount can stay in as its not in the road of the plate while the front one is. I installed the bolt from the drivers side so I could remove it and it wasn't trapped by the plate. after installing the plate, front plate mounting bracket, trans, and trans solid mount, the rear mount through bolt literally had no tension on it. I could just reach back under the turbo and remove it without the slightest resistance. basically all the other mounts are holding everything exactly in place. all I need to do is fab up a rear mount and paint. then its done. the removal of those mounts has left so much open space. its like its not even a 3/s any more. f**k you mitsu engineers.

·
Z16-Abuser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
fantastic news for me at least. the problem was the safc. I installed an safc II I bought used and now the car runs. thank god. can move along on progress now.

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
More reasons of "because"

-1/8" hard board template
-protractor and scale
-Auto-CAD and "D-size" paper template to check
-CNC wood router for plasma cutting template
-Single punch machine
-titties
bouncing titties

·
Z16-Abuser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Ran my wiring for the killswitch. Engine ran fine. killed the motor with switch. Shut down car. fuck yeah. routed my wiring. taped up excess wiring into a loom. I can finaly install bumper permanently.

started car. tried to anyway and it wouldnt run. pulled spark plugs and messed with safc only a few clicks but didn't change a lot. tha car stalls out and most of the time have to use throttle to keep it running and its stil running like shit.

I lost my drive to work on this pos for tha past month.

the end

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,122 Posts
PTU or coil problem?

·
Z16-Abuser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I finaly decided to think about looking at this pos race car again. its not doable yet since its still cold here and dads race car and the freshly painted sl are tying up 2 garage bays. I also picked up a new daily that keeps breaking but once its reliable I can fix my other daily and THEN I can get this car in garage.

also I picked up a 92 stealth rt tt.

and derf and I are trying to get his 68hta car together.

a whole bunch of shit taking time to happen hahahahahaha

·
Belt-fed junkie
705 Posts
Why would i want to that? It's sitting perfectly fine where it is with zero broken parts and it isn't costing me anymore money.

(Finally got around to making a new password and logging in lol)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Man...love the badass cheap build!! I get it!! once I had the same plan with a 68 Dart, build n flip it for a Charger. Then speedbug hit! On a family (no) budget, built a 440 powered daily that ran 11.50s...for about $3000 total investment👍 "cant afford pistons?"...mill the heads for 10:1... "Cant afford headers?"... Cut up a set of cheap b-body headers... "Cant afford exhaust?"... Theres some 2.75in conduit out back... Yeah those were the days!! Cant wait to see more of your project!!!

·
Z16-Abuser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Man...love the badass cheap build!! I get it!! once I had the same plan with a 68 Dart, build n flip it for a Charger. Then speedbug hit! On a family (no) budget, built a 440 powered daily that ran 11.50s...for about $3000 total investment👍 "cant afford pistons?"...mill the heads for 10:1... "Cant afford headers?"... Cut up a set of cheap b-body headers... "Cant afford exhaust?"... Theres some 2.75in conduit out back... Yeah those were the days!! Cant wait to see more of your project!!!
thanks man I apreciate it!!!!!! theres jus somtin enjoyable an rewarding about throwing shit together to make a fast car. I used to buy the most expensive stuf on my old car almost as a showing off point. with this car its kind of like ' sure I can buy metal to build a fogligbt mount. or I cn cut up this electric box an weld it up to make one for free.' drill spot welds?????? fuk no ill use this harbor freight cutoff wheel an tak tha whole thing off an weld in the fender off this old civic hahahahahaha

as an update: I thot I had a day too wrk on this car. I tak all the tarps an whatnot off an check for mice and damaged wiring etc. all fine. try cranking. nothing. hey genius flip the cutoff switch on. nothing. look in trunk. no fucking battery. turns out dad took it for the sl. go to the store an buy a battery. come back clean terminals an drop in the car. I set it up to hav marine terminals on both pos an neg. no terminals on the wires. after an hour of tearing apart the garage they ar nowhere to be found. after all that I quit for the week.

·
Z16-Abuser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

·
Z16-Abuser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Thanks I appreciate it......tons of people wont take tha time to say it since it's not a glossy rich boy build......bt that's kinda why I built it......too show wat normal class guys cn do......tha whole car cost less than $5000......

81 - 100 of 108 Posts