Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have intalled 2 new intakes on my car since i got it and everytime i do it makes my boost go through the roof. it spikes out my boost guage. it got so bad that i had to design a bracket that holds on my y-pipe so it wouldnt blow off. i havent done any other mods to my car really so i dont know what would be affecting it. if anyone has any info it would be most appreciated.

thanks,
supermac

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by "intake".

Anyway, boost is controlled by the wastegates. The wastegates open when 6-7 psi of pressure is in the hose that attaches to them. If no pressure is in the hose then the wastegates do not open and boost continues to build. The hose to the wastegates attaches to the boost controller solenoid (or maybe a bleeder valve) and to the Y-pipe.

If your boost is higher than it should be then check the hoses that go to the wastegates. Be sure they are all connected properly and that there are no leaks or pinches.

My web page below shows the vac hose routing. Basically the hose goes from Y-pipe to the "H" connector. One leg of the "H" goes to the BC solenoid (farthest to driver's side solenoid on the firewall) and the other two legs go to the wastegates.

http://www.geocities.com/lutransys/jlucius/2-vacuumhoses.htm

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i meant was. when i have my stock intake box on my boost is fine, and whenever i put on a new filter (say K & N or weapon R or something like that it always goes way up. it also makes my my blow off valve really noisy.

supermac

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe when you put the new intake you put a hose in a different position. I really recommend you to take a look to Jeff's page , it help me lots ( my boost was going to 18 - Thanks Jeff), maybe youre car have the diagram (like mine) in a sticker on the hook, look for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts