Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
625 Posts
Have you done a boost leak check...?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of installing the same FMIC(it is a huge pain in the ass), what do you mean you by "pipes have been old"? Do you mean you are using the stock IC piping? If so, I don't know how you did it, because they wouldn't even come close to fitting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100% no leaking. i used stock IC piping and used adapter 1.4 in-2.5 In. in place of the original IC.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I can say with certainty there is no way you can use the stock sidemount IC piping with the CXracing dual core FMIC. How is your front turbo connected to the intercooler? The routing with the CX piping has it come up and over the front turbo and down to the driver's side. With this FMIC both hot sides are on the driver's side, with both cold sides being on the passenger side. Can you take a picture of everything?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today unfortunately not possible. Tommorow i make more pictures. Under hood all pipes is stock. I cut stock IC and connect it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
100% no leaking. i used stock IC piping and used adapter 1.4 in-2.5 In. in place of the original IC.
100% as in you pressure tested? everyone is 100% sure no leaks until they pressure test, lol.

I can say with certainty there is no way you can use the stock sidemount IC piping with the CXracing dual core FMIC. How is your front turbo connected to the intercooler? The routing with the CX piping has it come up and over the front turbo and down to the driver's side. With this FMIC both hot sides are on the driver's side, with both cold sides being on the passenger side. Can you take a picture of everything?
Looks like he used 2 different directions of airflow in order to retain the stock piping with some adapters and bends. I guess if the IC is truly 2 separate cores that works in theory?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are your lefts/rights based on what we are seeing in the pictures? If so your at running the top one backwards...which I guess really shouldn't matter. Also did you have stock side mounts before this or a front mount? And what do you mean you didn't buy the CX racing one, the one you linked was from cx racing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes this is 2 separate cores. 100% connected correctly. Some time ago I bought a 13t turbos from Subaru. And bulid it on my exhaust housing from 9b. After this boost correctly- 14 psi set on mbc and no problem. is it possible for the assembly of this IC to be influenced for boost? intake capacity has increased a lot. maybe the problem is those 2.5 inch pipes that can be seen in the picture. On stock side mounts there was no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
will solve the matter of replacing silicone for smaller diameter and using an adapter close to IC? or should I change the piping to the one proposed by CX racing? Do you have any experience with this? Unfortunately, the purchase of dedicated CX pipes is not possible due to the price. specify that the way is inlet for CX Racing and Stock is not much different. CX uses 2.75inch cold and 2.0 inch hot pipes. and then the intake capacity is also greatly increased.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The increased volume of the system wouldn't cause you to not be able to make more than 8lbs of boost, especially with 13Ts. If anything you'd only see a slight lag in building boost but that's about it. You either have something hooked up wrong or a massive boost leak somewhere. Are you sure your boost controller is still hooked up correctly? Have you tried adjusting it to see if you can make more boost?

·
Registered
625 Posts
The increased volume of the system wouldn't cause you to not be able to make more than 8lbs of boost, especially with 13Ts. If anything you'd only see a slight lag in building boost but that's about it. You either have something hooked up wrong or a massive boost leak somewhere. Are you sure your boost controller is still hooked up correctly? Have you tried adjusting it to see if you can make more boost?
+1 for this. It's still not clear to me if you actually pressure tested the system or if you just think you have no boost leaks based on a confident install. You need to be absolutely sure you have no leaks as the first step. As mentioned, the increased volume is not going to cause your issue. Plenty of people run FMIC kits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i try adjusted more boost. no effect. it's also very strange to me. I checked the system under pressure but I will do it again tomorrow. your thoughts the system you see in the pictures should work?I don't know where to look for the cause. I thought the silicon hoses were too long and thick, but I read that the CX housing system also has an increased diameter.

·
Registered
625 Posts
yes i try adjusted more boost. no effect. it's also very strange to me. I checked the system under pressure but I will do it again tomorrow. your thoughts the system you see in the pictures should work?I don't know where to look for the cause. I thought the silicon hoses were too long and thick, but I read that the CX housing system also has an increased diameter.
Assuming the intercooler is truly 2 separate cores, the opposite airflow directions should be fine, as long as you have them inlet --> turbo --> IC --> Y-pipe, for both turbos.

Did you change where you are getting your boost reference from? Is it off the Y-pipe or the intake?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you are 100% certain you hooked everything up, and changing your boost controller doesn't do anything it sounds like you are on wastegate pressure. Make sure your boost controller is hooked up correctly and your line to your wastegates haven't come off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts