Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I need money...
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1993 3000GT VR-4 with only 59,000 miles on it, but i'm having trouble starting it most of the time. Eathier I have to push the clutch in REALLY REALLY HARD and it starts or i have to kinda push the clutch in and out rapidly and then try to start it. Most of the time I have to keep trying both techniques for a couple of minutes and hopefully it will start. Someone said somehting like , a clutch start switch, or something like that, could this be the possible problem?
thanks, i'd appreciate an help i can get
Nick
93 VR-4

G

·
If it will not turn over at all unless you do your clutch thing, then it is almost certainly the clutch position switch. It may need adjustment (there are some screw threads for this), or it may be sticking.

G

·
I'm not sure if this applies to the VR-4's. When I push my clutch in I can hear a light click when the switch engages. Listen carefully and you should hear it when you push the clutch in.

·
Lovbyts
4,270 Posts
I had this problem on my 91 RT TT and it keep getting worse over the next year of more. Finaly it got so bad I almost could not start the car sometimes. I thought it was the clutch switch but it was the ignition switch in the colom. It is not to expensive and easy to replace youself I'm sure. I had the dealer do it but I have had my colom apart and it look faily easy. I have had no problem since.
Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.