Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1320' to Fame
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen up guys...

After having the Stealth inspected by a Trans Shop and finding out from the trans shop about the Recall...even though I already knew about it here...I found out that the x-case seized and caused the output shaft to break. Well i knew the output shaft broke but obviously the x-case seizing it up caused it to be damaged. Now I took my car into Glenview, IL at the Finish Line Dodge dealership and they are BSing me that they will not fix the output nor anything that the x-case broke due to the recall.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read the recall at a local dealership that if the recall wasn't performed that the wheels could lock up(obviously did and broke the output shaft at the same time) and could cause a serious accident. Well I think that Chrysler should be thanking their lucky stars that I didn't get into an accident and that the output shaft broke at the same time. It seems to me like the dealership is blaming the output shaft on me and not on the transfer case itself. Or shall I say that the output shaft would only break if I was beating on it. So what if I was a 60 year old man would they fix it then?

It seems to me like the dealership doesn't see the severity of the recall and are just dicking me around. I asked the service guys who I should speak with and they gave me the number to the recall peeps. The recall peeps said that I should talk with the service guys. So I'm getting dicked around left and right about this. So then finally the recall peeps tell me to talk the district manager about it and then I find out that I can't talk to the district manager through the Chrysler customer service line.

I don't know if anybody could help out with this situation on as who I should speak with to get it resolved. Because I'm ready to get my lawyer and start raising some hell on these bastards.

·
Gear Head
3,262 Posts
I hate to tell you this, but actually getting your lawyer would probably be the best option for you right now. Your lawyer will probably have you go back to the same shop (not the dealer) just so they can do an "official inspection" to determine the cause of your car problems. I have worked at two dealerships now (one being the local Dodge in town) and it isn't all that uncommon for people to follow through with threats of lawyers. The Dodge dealer in Wilmington NC has had several threats from customers about sueing. They would always buckle down and do what the customer wanted. They are actually black flaged by Daimler-Chrysler. They are ALWAYS being audited. I wouldn't count on getting much cooperation out of them until your lawyer shows up. Sorry to hear of your misfourtune. I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted.

·
Andy Brunner
620 Posts
I had a lincoln aviator lemon. The dealership and h.q. were both liars. You can't really count on them for anything.

I went to a lawyer and he wanted $500 to write 1 letter. LOL. I suspect this won't be much different. Unless you know of a lawyer.

Your best bet is to try different dealers. Try mitsubishi dealers first. Their techies know the car better. On 2 occasions I was turned away from a dodge dealership and referred to the local mitsubishi where as of today I buy all of my parts.

EDIT: OMG... Just saw how old these posts were... LOL. How did this turn out?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ok, listen to me. I had a similar problem with Chrysler Corp. back in 2002 with my minivan (no jokes, please). Seems they never had a recall on the transmission they had installed in not only my year van but other years as well. Anyway, the transmission totally went due to a faulty shift kit they had installed at production. I found out about this on-line because it happened just after the warranty expired. Plenty of other people had the same thing happen, so I found out what to do. You have to call their main headquarters and talk to them. The dealership will not make that type of decision due to the fact that they'll lose money. If the main headquarters approves it then the dealership will be reimbursed for any money lost. Tell them that this happened because of the recalled situation and you want a "Good Faith Repair" from them. They've been in trouble for things in the past and will more than likely accomodate you.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
sorry to hear that!! call the mitsubishi/dodge corporate office and talk to them but before you do that collect some information. ie: mitsu dealership name, service manager's name and what they have told you. and then tell them what happened and make it sounds like you are willing to take it to the next level if nobody take care of it and how 's the recall almost cost your life press in on safety issue and add something like "dodge is always been your car of choice" a loyal dodge customer..they like that!! sometime you gotta b/s them specially the office people in the higher level of the company they are more concern than the mechanics and dealership..
it worked for me, and i tell you the service manager got chewed out bad they finished my car right away.

if it dosent work for you oh well at least you tried... reseach more on the recall issue to see what is your rights as a consumer..im sure someone will tell you here.. good luck jojo

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
hey CG wazup??? few days ago.. how you been??? well if i cant stop you guys i might as well join you..haha everything is cool i posted few threads already.. check a/v section..good to see you...peace

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
Does anyone know the number to headquarters?

My cars TC locked up , and a dealership is denying to fix it because they said it has already been done.

Isn't this a SAFETY recall where they have to keep replacing it if it breaks?

I hear some mitsu shops will replace it over and over again, while others will not. What is the truth behind this?

Thanks,
Trung

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree with calling Mitsu. When my xfer case went bad, i took it to the dealership. They basically laughed and said that the car is too old and that the recall had been done by them already and they didnt have to fx it. I ended up taking it to a local jap. tranny shop and had it fixed. Then I got more and more pissed at the dealership, so i called up HQ's for mitsu and after about three weeks of them contacting me, the shop where the repair were done, and the dealership, I ended up getting all of my money back on the xfer case, and they paid for the clutch as well!! :p Good Luck..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Make: MITSUBISHI
Model: 3000GT
Type: ANY
Year: ANY
Recall Number: 02V143001
Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, A CONDITION EXISTS THAT ALLOWS OIL TO LEAK FROM THE ALL-WHEEL DRIVE TRANSFER CASE.
Consequence:
LOW OIL LEVELS IN THE TRANSFER CASE COULD CAUSE BEARING DAMAGE AND RESULT IN DRIVE TRAIN LOCKUP, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE TRANSFER CASE FOR INDICATIONS OF OIL LEAKAGE OR DAMAGE. VEHICLES THAT HAVE OIL LEAKAGE WILL HAVE THE TRANSFER CASE RESEALED AND RE-FILL THE TRANSFER CASE TO THE PROPER LEVEL, OR REPLACED THE TRANSFER CASE IF THERE IS EVIDENCE OF DAMAGE. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DECEMBER 9, 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT MITSUBISHI AMERICA AT 1-888-648-7820 OR MITSUBMISHI CARIBBEAN AT 1-787-251-8715.
Notes:
MITSUBISHI RECALL BULLETIN NO. SR-02-003. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

I called the Mitsu America number : 1-888-648-7820 and basically they will send you to the right department. When you finally get a live person, they will transfer you over to a claim department, then they will start a case and get the problem resolved. Just don't take no for a answer! They would be more than willing to drop a few K's torwards your car to avoid a possible lawsuit! And be nice about it! Honestly! If you call in pissed off at the people, they will try to give you the run around! Make up like a sad story! Tell them you 5 year old niece was in the car or something and the tires driveshaft locked up. That will get them working on it fast!!! LoL. Good luck man! Let me know if you need any help!!! Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts