Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talking to this guy and he told me that the 93 probe GT had a tweek in the engine and instead of running 5to1 compresion he was running 12:1. and he told me he ran a 14.7 with only air intake. so i raced him in my ES with exaust and intake (auto though) his was a five speed. we did it from a 40 roll. i jumped out immediatly and was still slowly pulling ahead at 110 when we slowed down. so he had to be lying. we also passed through and "almost" red light at 100mph and a cop was sitting at the light. he didnt even try to catch us!

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
WTF, what kind of engine tweek gives you a 12:1 ratio from a 5:1? Oh well you know he didn't run no 14.7. He'll get a 15.7 if he's lucky.

·
Registered
949 Posts
a better question is what the hell kind of engine runs 5 to 1. i think 8 to 1 is like the borderline for a decently running engine.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well obviously either you or the Probe GT owner lied. The stock compression ratio of a second gen Probe GT is 9:2:1.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well if you ask me I bet the guy was telling the truth! :D I bet he just was running on 87 octane gas though and his knock sensor was retarding the timing......hence he ran slower and it only seems like he didn't actually have that 12:1. ha ha ha!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Speaking of Probes...
Is there some kind of Movement going on where all Probe owners are trying to race everyone? I swear there has to be something going on.
All at once I notice a lot of Probe stories here, and at the same time every Probe that sees me tries to race! They were good races at first-they usually kept up till I got to third-then realized I was racing. You'd think the BOV sound or the Door badge would give me away.
I beat a guy the other day and slowed down to make sure he saw me laughing at him( he had a type-R badge). I've seen him drive by my house three times since then. I'm kinda getting worried.

*No offense to Probe owners-I'm not downing Probes or anything, I just can't figure this out.

·
Registered
606 Posts
hehe, today i saw the extremely rare 1st gen Probe SVT GT!!!:eek: :p

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Danny Boy said:
You'd think the BOV sound or the Door badge would give me away
Maybe it's someone who wants to see how bad they get beat.;)

Hearing that "WHOOOSH" sound reminded me of the other day when I was at a light and heard the BOV sound and couldn't tell where it came from. I was 2 lanes over and the other cars were blocking my view..... All I know is that BOV was very distinctive.:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
The reason why you see alot of probes out there "trying to race":D is simple.As the cost of these cars come down,more and more punk kids are getting their hands on them.....just like unfortuantly our older N/A cars.:(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Antilles said:
yeah, i drove a lawn mower once.....no, wait, that was a civic
lol:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
man my car is slow compared to a 3s, but I can beat some probes, I don't see why they try to race all the time but I get it to. I looked over the other day and this kid iin a purple and yellow probe with an aftermarket honda wing, and a coffee can exaust was reving at me. I just kinda shrugged and thought oh well I'll get killed if he put as much work into performance as looks but hey. light turns green I launch from about 2k off the power brake and what the hell how did he get 2 cars back in 3 sec??? wtf, I pull in a gas station thinking he stalled it like an idiot and comes in like wow, sweet car. I found out it ws a four banger auto witha n exaust and lots of extra weight, dumb kids

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well the Probe GT can run a steller 15.5 stock.....and there is some factory freak Probe GT's that can pull 14's with just 1 mod or 2. They are quick little cars just because of the weight advantage they have on cars..especially ours. They weight in at about 2800.

And as for the SVT Probe GT I dont think their is one...I think you ment the Probe GTS with the stripes. ;)

BTW I know all this because my cousin has a 97 Probe GT and we hangout with his other Probe friends at the track and they always endup pulling really steller 15's.

;)

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
one personi know at school had a Probe GT... his friends were like he'll eat you alive.. i was like yeah .. ok lets race... next i heard he crashed into a garbage can... still can't find any Probe's to race. :(

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
"GARBAGE CAN!!!!!!"

Thats Hillarious...HAAHAHHA:D :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
And as for the SVT Probe GT I dont think their is one...I think you ment the Probe GTS with the stripes.
hehe... i guess you missed my sarcasm there. i know there was never an SVT GT. there was a guy with a red 1st gen PGT with SVT badges all over it:p anyhow, there's a 2nd gen PGT around here that is supercharged. damn thing is LOUD. i wonder what kinda times it runs.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Toxic13 said:
hehe... i guess you missed my sarcasm there. i know there was never an SVT GT. there was a guy with a red 1st gen PGT with SVT badges all over it:p anyhow, there's a 2nd gen PGT around here that is supercharged. damn thing is LOUD. i wonder what kinda times it runs.
Damn sorry man...kinda slow you know...hehe...

But damn man a SC PGT..WOW..he is definatly pulling mid to high 13's...:eek:

That would be one probe I would not F*UCK with. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts