Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mitsu lover
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have always dreamed of participating in autocross and my car is getting close to being able to handle it, I would like to get some suggestions on what I should run for tires and brake pads. I have heard the the Hawk pads in the front are the best. Also for the rotors I should run Slotted rotors or regular? Currently Im running cross drilled and slotted, which I heard is bad. I have megan coilovers and plan on buying the brace that goes over the struts in the front and back very soon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
YAY for autocross! If you're planning to attend one really soon I wouldn't worry too much about the car, just go out and get a feel for it and have fun! Most autocross courses aren't fast enough to tax your brakes that much, a decent set of brake pads with good initial bite will do fine (think Hawk HP+, HPS is fine too). You should be fine with your rotors, unless you're driving on road course they won't see enough hard use to heat up to crack. If anything a set of nice tires will do the most in terms of shaving seconds off your times. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,160 Posts
Hey man when / where are you going? If it's over the summer, and around Chicago or somewhere close, let me know I'd love to go with and spectate / take pics.

In terms of brakes / tires all that stuff, dude just run whatever's on the car and worry about that later.

·
Advanced Tech?
5,512 Posts
don't waste your money on strut bars. the best thing you can do is get some good tires... do you have a spare set of rims for autox? you can pick up used slicks for cheap.

·
Thermal Design Engineer
1,860 Posts
Hello, I have always dreamed of participating in autocross and my car is getting close to being able to handle it, I would like to get some suggestions on what I should run for tires and brake pads. I have heard the the Hawk pads in the front are the best. Also for the rotors I should run Slotted rotors or regular? Currently Im running cross drilled and slotted, which I heard is bad. I have megan coilovers and plan on buying the brace that goes over the struts in the front and back very soon.

Your rear rims are backwards.

·
mitsu lover
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not to sure yet what course Im going to yet, and I dont have a spare set of rims just yet but I will. I think I will use stock for auto x and than buy some nice ones for everday use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts