Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone post me a detailed instruction about how to gut it and what to replace with???

i appreciate any help

Daniel

·
Registered
557 Posts
ha! what do you think gutting means?...remove your cat.and then hammer the shit out of it with a metal rod,to destroy and remove the honeycomb,then simply reinstall it.........good luck passing emissions if you have to:D........or buy a aftermarket down pipe,i understand they eliminate the pre-cats all together

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi chuck:

i got an ATR down pipe and a high-flow main cat
according to what you posted, my precat is gutted already???
where is that precat, can you show me a pic???
thank you

Daniel

4,448 Posts
DN performance sells precat replacements. unbolt the existing precats and put these replacement pipes in place.

your ATR doesn't eliminate the precats. they're still on there. use the search feature for "gutting precats" and you will get a ton of info on this subject.

·
Registered
223 Posts
the Precat's eliminators from DN are very expensive, the back one must be crazy to make, you can have a local shop make you a front Mandel bent Pre-Cat eleminator for under 75$ and you are better off gutting your Rear Pre cat, unless of course they run emission test in your area, then you should make sure your have a spare one just in case... (I bought a used one of the list for not too much)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts