Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HU only has one preamp output. I ran it back to my amp an connected it to the channel 3 and 4, which are bridged to run my sub. Now im left wondering how do I get my componets the singal since they are on channels 1 and 2??? Can i splice that preamp before the amp and go to all 4 or what??

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Y spliters

I used RCA spliters on both the Right and left RCA wires and then went into the back of the amp for both channels. Well it works but the protection light on my amp blinks and if I do anything like mess with the balance or fade the protection light comes on and turns the amp off..

Any idea????

Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
What's your amp make and model? What gauge power wire are you useing?

Try taking out the Y and just run 2 channels and see what happens.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it

Well I got it to work with the Y's finally...

Thanks for the help...

But one more question, all my speakers my this ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhh nosie, what is that from and how do i get it to go away?

Thanks,
Matti

·
Registered
558 Posts
Well unplug the sub inputs and just run the fronts. If you still have hiss check your ground wire or relocate it. How high do you have to turn up your head unit and where are your gains on the amp set at? Usually when you have your gains or volume up to high you can get hiss.

What make and model amp do you have?

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
try taking out the splitters, the hiss could come from your signal voltage dropping do the splitters, also chack you amps owners manual, on my phoenix four channel when the crossover was set for one side the other side was crossovered at the same freq. in the other direction, ie if i set my rear channels to low pass at 60 hz, the the front would be at high pass 60 hz, all off one signal input, i am not sure how common this feature is but it something to check on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts