Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
92 3000gt sl. Power windows would work sometimes, usually every once in a few startups. Now hardly ever. I’ve cleaned up contactors in switch. Checked all fuses and still no luck. Power locks work but I don’t have lights or power to either window switch. Power seats still work. Can’t figure out what it is. I don’t have any other electrical issues. Anyone got an idea? thanks In advance

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,983 Posts
Three possibilities; 1) Power window relay problem 2) ETACS unit problem 3) Broken blue wire with black stripe between relay and door window switches.

First I would check if power window relay clicks when ignition switch is turned to ON position. It is lower right relay of inside relay block, behind fuse box and slightly right.

Best way is to listen to relay with mechanics stethoscope (listen) or rest finger against it (feel) when turning ignition switch to ON. If it doesn’t click, to test relay just swap it with one to left (Rear window Defogger relay)(thinking they're same socket layout:unsure:).

·
CAD/DAO/CNC
2,038 Posts
My bet is on #3...good post of solution 👍

I would try with door open in different angle to see if is working.

And passenger switch dont have light in it.

-Simon

Reactions: white93gt

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My problem was not any of those three problems. Mine was a loose ground screw on the main fuse panel in the engine bay. There is at least one other member that had this same problem in a post a few years ago.

I point out a couple of the buss bar bolts in the video, but I think there are two other bolts on the other side. The bolts hold down the bus bars for the fuse box.

If you want a long description of the first three problems/solutions that did not work for me watch this video.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,983 Posts
I point out a couple of the ground screws in the video, but I think there are two other bolts on the other side. The bolts hold down the blades for the fuse box.
Just to clarify, those are NOT ground screws. They tie the ends of buss bars together and clamp the 2 angled fusible links in place as well as tie the hot lead from battery to buss bars. They have constant power when battery is connected, if you put a wrench on them and hit wrench to metal surface with battery connected, your in for a shocking and burning experience.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Just to clarify, those are NOT ground screws. They tie the ends of buss bars together and clamp the 2 angled fusible links in place as well as tie the hot lead from battery to buss bars. They have constant power when battery is connected, if you put a wrench on them and hit wrench to metal surface with battery connected, your in for a shocking and burning experience.
Thanks for the clarification, I cleaned up my post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts