Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
~list update~

If you are on the list please send payment as soon as possible to ensure no delays.
The list below should be accurate if the last posting, if not please reach out to me.

Group Buy List

35 sets remaining

1) Project3SI - 2 sets, payment received
2) stjredstorm12 - 1 set, payment received
3) BusterBrown - 1 set, payment received
4) Mr.I. - 1 set, payment received
5) MarioG - 2 sets, payment received
6) Black Beauty 95 SL - 1 set, waiting for payment
7) Paolo163629 - 1 set, payment received
8) Choguy03 - 1 set, payment received
9) PeterTitley - 1 set, waiting for payment
10) WytePurlPimpin - 1 set, payment received
11) Insane_kid18 - 1 set, payment received
12) Italo Grasso - 1 set, payment received
13) Revilo - 1 set, waiting for payment

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Payment sent through zelle.

Reactions: PROJECT3SI

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
~list update~

If you are on the list please send payment as soon as possible to ensure no delays.
The list below should be accurate if the last posting, if not please reach out to me.

Group Buy List

35 sets remaining

2) stjredstorm12 - 1 set, payment received
13) Revilo - 1 set, payment received

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Any updates on the status of the parts?

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Any updates on the status of the parts?
Hi thanks for reaching out, parts should be in end of this week if not early next week. In the future this will be avoided, plan on getting a mini-CNC for small custom pieces like these. I was thinking I may refund some $ to those who've been waiting a while out of a courtesy for their patience.

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Good morning everyone, just checked with the shop. They are still machining these pieces. Just as an FYI for everyone, I went with Acetal (Delrin) for this material as it offers enhanced strength and stability over ABS, especially when machining. In addition, Acetal, can be a co-composition with Teflon (PTFE). Teflon is literally the most slippery substance chemically engineered so far... maybe some nanotube stuff will come close, but from what I've known so far that may never be true. Anyways, the Acetal AF mix may allow for little to no lubrication in that spot, solving part of the issue. I'll investigate that in the future. Already what I have put together for you guys is lightyears better than what failed. The sliding arm housing is aluminum, hence why it wouldn't really be ideal to go with an equally hard or slightly softer alloy of it (in case anyone was wondering). I'll keep you guys posted this week, thanks.

Reactions: Mr.I.

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Parts are enroute (finally). For the future, I need to find a shop local to RI.... most of these machine shops and CNC milling houses are full from government contracts. Getting them to respond to a damn RFQ is a challenge alone. I am shocked, never thought it was this bad (always dealt with them from a business standpoint). No wonder those quick turn manufacturing sites are making BIG dollars and charging an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Parts are enroute (finally). For the future, I need to find a shop local to RI.... most of these machine shops and CNC milling houses are full from government contracts. Getting them to respond to a damn RFQ is a challenge alone. I am shocked, never thought it was this bad (always dealt with them from a business standpoint). No wonder those quick turn manufacturing sites are making BIG dollars and charging an arm and a leg.
I can only imagine. Looking forward to getting the part and getting out back together.

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Update:

So got screwed by another U.S. CNC shop, once again... If anyone here has a machine shop that can machine smaller stable plastics please send me a PM.
Waited thinking the parts were "en-route" as communicated and nothing showed up. Yelled at the shop this week and long and behold they are arriving tomorrow
😡... sad to say but next time I'm probably going to go with a Chinese CNC shop. This is ridiculous at this point. Hate when you do everything by the book to only
have businesses burn you at the end. Had these "expedited" so I'm going to see if I can get some money back. Just want everyone to know their patience is respect and
I've tried to do everything to get these in a reasonable time on my end. I know this is a fail, but this is surprisingly common with custom parts or low volume special orders.
Hoping they did their job right and build it to the drawings correctly.

Keep in mind I could of went with the cheaper faster 3D printing route, but I wanted to give everyone the highest reliability and quality for their money.

Tracking below for latest batch so everyone can stay up to date. I'll go threw these this weekend and prepare shipments.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,516 Posts
15 months?
Sorry, but your "Detailed Tracking" shows "from and to" but not much else.

How is the sub box thing going?

Bob.

Reactions: Choguy03

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
15 months?
Sorry, but your "Detailed Tracking" shows "from and to" but not much else.

How is the sub box thing going?

Bob.
Bob, should have expected arrival date. They don't generally include addresses for privacy. I'll post pictures and such tomorrow for confirmation and assurance.

Subwoofer boxes are going good, but it has been a custom one by one ordering, sometimes they come in batches. Not the group buy I was hoping for to maximize my time and reduce costs. I don't have time to post daily on all the various FB groups just to get it out there like the girl for the windshield trim does. FB killed 3SI. Really just need to put together a website for it, but I have too much things on my hands right now to do that. Glad to hear some positive feedback from those who bought, just wish they would post/share pictures :)rolleyes::)). A few guys have "builds" they are working on that they don't want to spoil early. Interesting body panel work and such, very 2010-ish stuff.

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Parts are in.. Jesus.. what a wait. Thankfully they look absolutely great 👍🏻. Quick look over checks out. Going to do a tolerance run through Sunday on the batch and install them in a power sunroof to ensure everything checks out before shipping them out to each of you.

In the meantime please reach out to me if you'd like to confirm, update/change your shit to address. For those waiting until they were in, now is your chance to put an order in. Thank you everyone.

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Ill take a set! Payment sent on PP.
Hi man, just want to confirm. You had reached out on FB right? just want to make sure you're the same person or not.

Reactions: Immortan

·
Robotics Engineer
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
~list update~

Group Buy List

31 sets remaining

2) stjredstorm12 - 1 set, payment received (update needed)
13) Revilo - 1 set, payment received
14) Immortan - 1 set, payment received
15) pending.... 1 set
16) pending.... 1 set
17) pending.... 1 set

stjredstorm12, now is the chance to get back on the list. Keeping your spot open out of courtesy.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts