Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. The time has come to get new rotors on my VR-4. I'm getting way tired of the stock rotors warping so easily. I think I've settled on Power Stop cross-drilled rotors. Anyone know a good/reputable dealer? How much should I expect to spend? I'm probably going to order through Porterfield, but I'd like some input. (I'm getting new pads too, probably the R4-S pads) Thanks guys... I appreciate any assistance!

Jon -- '92 VR-4

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The cheaper rotors you buy the faster you gonna replace them. DO NOT by cheap crossdrilled ones ... and NO Power Stop ones. Or do you just like the look or do you relly want to brake !

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the total difference of the brake systems on the VR4 vs. the SL? I have a NA car and wondering if all I need is the bigger calipers and rotors to make the swap. I would like to do this is mechanically possible and financially worth it.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
I want to do this too! My 18 inch Rims are Dwarfing my Rotors. (I however, just want the look)

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Get the Porterfield ones, let them cryonic treated and buy the R4S pads. This is the best bang for the buck and they stop !

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what else do I need to go to the VR4 size rotors and calipers?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assume with your screen name you must be from St Louis. There is a small shop in University City called Lightspeed Motorsports. They sell and install the Powerstops. I have Powerstops on my Stealth and have had no problems. They haven't warped like my stock ones. Hope this helps.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually I'm from the flint, MI area. How much did the set of powerstops run you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts