Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my power steering pressure line rusted through and sprung a leak. Any suggestions?? Do I have to go to a Mitsu dealer and order the whole line? Are there aftermarket lines for the 92 VR4? Anyone have a spare lying around?
Thanks for the help.

·
mitsu lover
787 Posts
do you know the flexible part with a banjo bolt or the hardline that goes on top of the steering rack?

because the hard line will be only available at the dealer

·
mitsu lover
787 Posts
i replaced mine as well because it was all twiste/beated up. perhaps the previous owner shouldnt have tried to work on this car.

btw part number is MB553959

the price was about 65$can. at my local dealer.

so probably 20$ us? loll

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Whoops. The fact that it rusted through didn't seem to register to me. The flex line that goes from the hard line to the PS pump is available at Autozone and other aftermarket stores. The hard line is probably only available from Mitsubishi.

·
Granny Shifter
990 Posts
Dumb question - couldn't you just cut the rusted area out and replace with a rubber segment?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions, questions and comments.
I did go to the Mitsu dealer and order the line. It is the one running from front to rear and is about 5 feet long and cost about $98.00. Being a high pressure line and with special ends for fitting, it was the only way to go.
Now for the installation.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Hi Hugh. I'm having the same problem you had and need you advice. Could I please give you a call? My number is 205-222-3646. Thanks! Kevin.

·
Money pit owner.
2,545 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Hi gawdzinner. I'll try. There needs to be more info on this problem because it seems to be common. I'm wondering if the power steering lines have rusted or cracked, what other lines are getting ready to go, brakes, etc.

·
Money pit owner.
2,545 Posts
I noticed a slight leak at the front rack, but I plan to drop the rear subframe over the winter and have a close look at all connections. I'd rather not do an AWS delete, instead I'd rather do an AWS prevent-leak lol

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Anyone have tips on replacing these lines? The longer one on my 93TT just sprung a leak.

I ordered both lines today but am holding my breath they are actually going to ship since they are discontinued.

·
Money pit owner.
2,545 Posts
Do you have both part numbers? I need to order set too.

·
Money pit owner.
2,545 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts