Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been going back & forth with DevilMightCry in the other power steering thread, but the topic has changed a bit and I'd like to get some new eyes on this... I need my car to be drivable by Sunday, so I need your help!

Does anyone know where I can get a Power Steering Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor? I can find it in the service manual, but it doesn't have its own part number. Dodge said they only come on new pumps, which cost $800ish.

The sensor plugs directly into the pump & runs a wire to the ECU. It's used to up the idle speed of the engine when you're turning at low speeds so the steering isn't really hard. It's on the high pressure side of the pump... the mechanic said because of this we can't just plug it up because whatever we put in there will just get blown out.

Any and all advice is appreciated... thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone,

I've been going back & forth with DevilMightCry in the other power steering thread, but the topic has changed a bit and I'd like to get some new eyes on this... I need my car to be drivable by Sunday, so I need your help!

Does anyone know where I can get a Power Steering Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor? I can find it in the service manual, but it doesn't have its own part number. Dodge said they only come on new pumps, which cost $800ish.

The sensor plugs directly into the pump & runs a wire to the ECU. It's used to up the idle speed of the engine when you're turning at low speeds so the steering isn't really hard. It's on the high pressure side of the pump... the mechanic said because of this we can't just plug it up because whatever we put in there will just get blown out.

Any and all advice is appreciated... thanks!
Hey mate. I'm wondering if you happen to find the solution to your problem because my cousin is also having issue with the oil pressure switch and I was hoping if you could share some solutions if you already have done fixing yours. I'll appreciate other opinions about this.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
It is on top of the power steering pump on my 91. Brass nipple where the wire plugs on to but they are known to come off because they don't fit that tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts