Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SRT-4
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a huge problem...
I went to start my car and it does't start.
The power totaly goes off and nothing eletronic works.
I wait 2 min and open the door and the power is there, then when i turn the key everything just goes. I didn't have my lites on and everything was turned off i think. I don't know whats wrong. Please help me.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
check the connection to MAS...your engine will not run without it plug in correctly.

it can be your bettery and altnerator dying....get someone to jump your car and see what happens.

other than that..sounds expensive :(

·
SRT-4
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm, you think its the battary?

Cause the power doesn't turn on after i hit the ignition. I have to wait 2 min or so then I open the door and the lite comes on.

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Check the battery connections and make sure they are snug....but yes those symptoms sound like could be a bad cell in your battery. If the battery is more than 4-5 years old...more likely. When the first cold days start comming is when marginal battery's begin to fail.

·
SRT-4
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx a lot man!.

So how do i find out if its the battary?
Should i push the car and see if it starts?
Should I jump start it?

·
Registered
708 Posts
If the battery is going, you can jump start it, but odds are it will start acting up on you again within days. I suggest having it jumped started, let it idle for 10min, then drive it to the nearest auto parts store where you can replace the battery.

If the battery is more than 2 years old, it needs to be replaced anyway unless you have a super extended life battery (which usually runs like $100+ for 3-5 years of reliable power). How old is your battery??

I don't think pushing the car and starting it would make a difference, beacuse most modern cars have alternators. In the old days that may have worked when generators were used.

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
If your power goes on and off on all electronics its not your starter, and if you dont have weak power its not your battery. (unless your connection is bad)

I am going to say its one of two things;

1: Ignition switch
2: Fuseable link

1 - 10 of 10 Posts