Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got stuff to do powder coating. I will do your parts for free this and next month. All you have to do is buy the powder.

I ordered some from www.PowderBuyThePound.com and recommend getting it from there. I can only do parts that will fit in a house hold oven, because that is all I have at the moment to use.

So let me know what you want to have done. The catch is I get to keep the extra powder colors that you supply (if there is any left) and it allows me to get more practice in.

all parts will be sand blasted by me then coated and baked.

Thanks
Fred

forgot to add. this is for Michiana members only. Not going to do any shipping or any of that.

·
Rockstar
1,639 Posts
Awesome, I've got some parts that need powdercoating. I'll have to make a trip down! I've also got some extra parts that need sandblasting, I'll pay you extra if you do them for me.

·
mitsu lover
967 Posts
I just got stuff to do powder coating. I will do your parts for free this and next month. All you have to do is buy the powder.

I ordered some from Powder Buy The Pound -Powder Coating Equipment and Supplies and recommend getting it from there. I can only do parts that will fit in a house hold oven, because that is all I have at the moment to use.

So let me know what you want to have done. The catch is I get to keep the extra powder colors that you supply (if there is any left) and it allows me to get more practice in.

all parts will be sand blasted by me then coated and baked.

Thanks
Fred

forgot to add. this is for Michiana members only. Not going to do any shipping or any of that.
dammit lol

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey i know you said you wont do any shipping but i'll be paying for all the shipping... let me know I could really use my springs to get coated vs. going to the local shops...

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, I've got some parts that need powdercoating. I'll have to make a trip down! I've also got some extra parts that need sandblasting, I'll pay you extra if you do them for me.
sounds good man.

Hey i know you said you wont do any shipping but i'll be paying for all the shipping... let me know I could really use my springs to get coated vs. going to the local shops...
Let me get back to you after I get going on this. I may still do them just so I can have that in my portfolio.

·
AKA 150 Gel
175 Posts
Id like to get the peg mounting brackets for my bike done. One is painted and the other is bare metal. and a couple pieces of metal fairing. They'll all fit in an oven.

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool. I am still working out a few kinks in my coating skills before i start doing items for people

·
3s-less
1,507 Posts
what are the dimensions of your oven? I was just about to post a thread asking if anyone knew where i could get my rims done and saw this one :)

I can look up the exact measurements but they are 18x9.5 5 zigens

How many parts have you done so far? Have you researched the durability of the powder coat? Heat resistence (in degrees), water, dirt, etc. I will try to keep them out of the snow/salt.

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oven is a standard oven. I havent had much practice yet because I have been traveling for work. I leave for South Korea for 3 weeks leaving tomorrow. Once I get back I am going to really get going on the coating. So I will let you know when I am ready to parts for people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts